Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 55

Thread: Has anyone successfully hidden or disguised liver? page 4

  1. #31
    Adrian's Avatar
    Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    321
    Primal Fuel
    I love livers! Especially with carmelized onions.. Yummy = )

  2. #32
    MikeAtTaree's Avatar
    MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Old Bar Beach, New South Wales AUS
    Posts
    80
    In Australia the most popular liver is Lamb's liver - we call it lamb's fry but I think in the USA that refers to another part of the lamb. It's great soaked in milk for a few hours, cut into slices and fried briefly with bacon and caramelised onions. It doesn't have that bitterness of Ox liver. However it's still unmistakeably liver.

  3. #33
    HelloMeteor's Avatar
    HelloMeteor is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    83
    OMG! I just bought 2lbs of conventional liver, all excited that I was able to get $3/lb meat, organ meats being very healthy too.

    And of course I make some, and CAN'T STAND the taste. The thawed liver almost melted in my hand as I tried to put it in the pan. It fell into pieces. Kind of gross.

    But the taste was unbelievable. It's a mixture of poop and dirt basically. That's what it tastes like.

  4. #34
    sjmc's Avatar
    sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    593
    I just saw this posted to Chowstalker

    The ultimate liver disguise... DIY liver tablets!

    Learning to

  5. #35
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAtTaree View Post
    In Australia the most popular liver is Lamb's liver - we call it lamb's fry but I think in the USA that refers to another part of the lamb.
    Lamb fries = testicles

  6. #36
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,697
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMeteor View Post
    But the taste was unbelievable. It's a mixture of poop and dirt basically. That's what it tastes like.
    LOLOL - did you season it or soak it first? bacon fat? onions?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

  7. #37
    janeen's Avatar
    janeen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMeteor View Post
    OMG! I just bought 2lbs of conventional liver, all excited that I was able to get $3/lb meat, organ meats being very healthy too.

    And of course I make some, and CAN'T STAND the taste. The thawed liver almost melted in my hand as I tried to put it in the pan. It fell into pieces. Kind of gross.

    But the taste was unbelievable. It's a mixture of poop and dirt basically. That's what it tastes like.
    Hahahahaha! Yep, pretty much. That's why I have to hide it, and why hiding it can be challenging. The taste is strong and objectionable. Even the smell is disgusting.

    Personally, I'm not sure I'd try to incorporate conventional liver, though. I would think a lot of toxins would be stored there. I'd just get the good stuff and buy less of it, if I were trying to economize. A lot less.
    Janeen

  8. #38
    SuBee's Avatar
    SuBee is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    86
    Mark has discussed that liver does not store toxins--he says it's a chemical processing plant, not a filter:
    Does the Liver Store Toxins? | Mark's Daily Apple

  9. #39
    GKL's Avatar
    GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    55
    I prefer liver raw and frozen. It's very mild tasting raw. As long as its from healthy grass fed animals and been in the deep freeze for at least 14 days, there aren't any concerns about food illness. I eat .5 to 1lbs a week.

  10. #40
    Waterlily's Avatar
    Waterlily is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    317
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bleu is a type of strong cheese.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •