Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone successfully hidden or disguised liver? page 4

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I love livers! Especially with carmelized onions.. Yummy = )

MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    In Australia the most popular liver is Lamb's liver - we call it lamb's fry but I think in the USA that refers to another part of the lamb. It's great soaked in milk for a few hours, cut into slices and fried briefly with bacon and caramelised onions. It doesn't have that bitterness of Ox liver. However it's still unmistakeably liver.

HelloMeteor is offline Member
    OMG! I just bought 2lbs of conventional liver, all excited that I was able to get $3/lb meat, organ meats being very healthy too.

And of course I make some, and CAN'T STAND the taste. The thawed liver almost melted in my hand as I tried to put it in the pan. It fell into pieces. Kind of gross.

But the taste was unbelievable. It's a mixture of poop and dirt basically. That's what it tastes like.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    I just saw this posted to Chowstalker

The ultimate liver disguise... DIY liver tablets!

Learning to

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAtTaree View Post
    In Australia the most popular liver is Lamb's liver - we call it lamb's fry but I think in the USA that refers to another part of the lamb.
    Lamb fries = testicles

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMeteor View Post
    But the taste was unbelievable. It's a mixture of poop and dirt basically. That's what it tastes like.
    LOLOL - did you season it or soak it first? bacon fat? onions?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

janeen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloMeteor View Post
    OMG! I just bought 2lbs of conventional liver, all excited that I was able to get $3/lb meat, organ meats being very healthy too.

And of course I make some, and CAN'T STAND the taste. The thawed liver almost melted in my hand as I tried to put it in the pan. It fell into pieces. Kind of gross.

Hahahahaha! Yep, pretty much. That's why I have to hide it, and why hiding it can be challenging. The taste is strong and objectionable. Even the smell is disgusting.

Personally, I'm not sure I'd try to incorporate conventional liver, though. I would think a lot of toxins would be stored there. I'd just get the good stuff and buy less of it, if I were trying to economize. A lot less.
    Janeen

SuBee is offline Member
    Mark has discussed that liver does not store toxins--he says it's a chemical processing plant, not a filter:
    Does the Liver Store Toxins? | Mark's Daily Apple

GKL
    GKL is offline Member
    I prefer liver raw and frozen. It's very mild tasting raw. As long as its from healthy grass fed animals and been in the deep freeze for at least 14 days, there aren't any concerns about food illness. I eat .5 to 1lbs a week.

Waterlily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bleu is a type of strong cheese.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast