Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Celiacs, how do you deal with it? page 3

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Orannhawk View Post
    It is difficult for many people to "get". And then there is the fact that gluten has found its way into non-food items like makeup products, shampoo/conditioners, soaps, etc. which causes its own set of reactive issues.
    Play-doh. Seriously - stupid, ubiquitous Play-doh.

God, don't I know that gluten is everywhere. It is a good thing that I homeschool my celiac (but not for that reason) - we just adjust and educate her about living the celiac life here at home without any fanfare, but I would hate it at public school. "Sissy needs her own special modeling clay." And "Sissy may not lick stamps." And "I need a conference with the art teacher because I need to know where and how s/he uses wheat paste in her students' projects." And, and, and...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    Another celiac with ADHD and multiple food intolerances, I wish you didn't have to share my misery. I've found that I can't eat corn, not sure if it's because it's similar to gluten or because most of it is moldy. Probably mold since I can have a couple bites of boiled fresh corn from a local farm, but corn chips leave me in agony. I'm cooking a turkey breast today for easter so the leftovers will probably be made into curry (I bought some seeds of change sauce that doesn't have any gluten ingredients).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123