Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journey (Cryptocode) page 6

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Last night my muscles because sore from the gym workout. That's 40 hours after the workout. Today I have even less energy than yesterday.

Went to out Sprouts, they will stock raw milk. The man comes on Thursday so I must be there. Today I was out of cream and raw milk so I used non-dairy creamer. A definate mistake. Now my tummy is not happy.

B - 4 cups coffee w non-dairy creamer, 2 bacon, 2 eggs scrambled w Gouda cheese, at 2:30 - 3;m
    L - nuts
    D - Pot Roast, parsnips
    - - - - - -
    3 Probiotic, 3 Omega-3, a packet Damage Control, 2 Glucosamine, 1 iron, 800mg Vit. D, 2 Mg, 1000 Vit. C, MOM
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 04-23-2013 at 09:47 PM.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    With your lack of energy, I wonder if you might have adrenal fatigue? I mean, there are a lot of things that could cause low energy, but that strikes me as one of them. Or could be a hormonal imbalance.

Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome by Dr. James Wilson
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Thanks, I'll read that, Wonder. Really, I think it's from the gym workout and my age (that I recouperate so slowly). But I'll read it. (Mostly I just don't want another problem to deal with.)

Today was terrible. Up all last night and most of today with diarrhea and nausea. Don't really know what it was, but probably some combination of the remaining excess iron (my poop was still black), non-dairy creamer(?), Vit. C, and lack of sleep. At 4:20pm I began to feel better. I'm apparently going to live.

B - beef broth, yogurt
    L - eggs
    D - fish, green beans
    - - - - - -
    3 Probiotic, 3 Omega-3, a packet Damage Control, 2 Glucosamine, 1 iron, 800mg Vit. D, 2 Mg, 1500mg Vit C,
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 04-23-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Balanced Bites Podcast: Episode #15 – Adrenal Fatigue, Part 1
    Podcast Episode #39: Adrenal Fatigue Part 2
    The Real Deal on Adrenal Fatigue
    B - 2 bacon, 2 eggs
    L - greens, salami
    D - left-over River Thai
    - - - - - -
    3 Probiotic, 3 Omega-3, a packet Damage Control, 2 Glucosamine, 1 iron, 2400mg Vit. D, 2 Mg, 400mg Vit C, MOM

Much better today. Wonder, I read your link, don't think i'll buy the book, but I did listened to the podcasts noted and read Wolf's article. (I hate those kinds of podcasts, news-shows, that talk on and on about what they're going to do and talk about.)

Last week I took the empty raw milk bottle to my local Sprouts manager. She now stocks it, so I have a close, good supply. I just love it. This seems such a nutsy response to me, but I'm drinking more and more raw milk. It's better than wine after a meal, it fills any empty tummy areas and leaves a warm feeling.

Before PB, I gave up milk as fattening at about 18 and drank coca-cola, then diet cola, nothing else, not even water. I'd forgotten how good milk is.

B - 2 bacon, 2 eggs
    L - 1 turnip, Vulpi salami
    D - Lamb chop, carrots
    - - - - - -
    3 Probiotic, 3 Omega-3, a packet Damage Control, 2 Glucosamine, 1 iron, 2400mg Vit. D, 1 Mg, 400mg Vit C

I read all the adrenal references above. I've always had insomnia and maybe that's the problem. But it will be about 4 months until I can add it to another round of blood tests. Until then I'll try the ginko and licorice. I remember my dad always loved licorice. He kept a can of it at home and in his desk at work. Maybe that's relavent.

The Vulpi salami is from an Italian maker, it's fantastic, and nothing added at all. So now I have raw milk & cream, pastured eggs, GF meat. I often have cream and berries in the evening that I forget to add to the days food.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 04-26-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Raw Milk is a great source of calcium, but milk in general is not paleo though it's allowed on primal. Today about 50% of Americans can no longer drink pasturized, homogenized milk after about the age of 25. I've finally gotten some (raw milk), I love it but I'm not sure it loves me. I've determined I'm lactose intolerant. In addition, "Milk contains many types of proteins. The proportion of various proteins can be quite different in the milk from different breeds of cows and in the milk from other animals." Human milk contains A1 Beta Casein, most US dairy cows are Holsteins and produce A2 Beta Casein. It could be I'm also intolerant to that. Guernseys produce A1 Beta Casein; I'm not sure I care enough to find that source. Maybe I'll get motived to try and hunt up some raw goat milk. Or maybe I'll quit with the milk.

When I was pregnant my OB strongly believed food was better than supplements so, because I was anemic, I had to eat 1/3 lb of liver every morning for breakfast. My beloved spouse cooked it for me (I wasn't too fond of it). I can report that the liver worked very well. (But that's a lot of liver.) You'll see that liver is much higher in iron than steak, spinach and red wine, though they do sound better. Today I love liver, but not every morning for breakfast, that's too much.

B - 2 bacon, 2 eggs
    L - 1/2 turnip, Vulpi salami
    D -parsnips, meat loaf
    - - - - - -
    3 Probiotic, 3 Omega-3, a packet Damage Control, 2 Glucosamine, 1 iron, 2400mg Vit. D, 1 Mg, 400mg Vit C, MOM

I've now gained 6 lbs after my initial weight loss during carb-flu. I'm going to have to cut out something. Cream probably. I do so love it.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 04-27-2013 at 09:42 PM.

I've started reading Primal Body, Primal Mind. Holy Mackerel. OK, now I quit milk.

B - 2 bacon, 2 eggs
    L - tuna fish, 1/2 turnip
    D - fish, beets
    - - - - - -
    3 Probiotic, 3 Omega-3, a packet Damage Control, 2 Glucosamine, 1 iron, 2400mg Vit. D, 1 Mg, 400mg Vit C
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 04-28-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Well, PB, PM first two chapters are on the horrors of 1) gluten and 2) soy. So I'm going to go through the larder and throw out everything with soy in it.

Two days without raw milk proves conclusively that milk in any form is a no-go. I feel great today. Now I'm off to make home-made mayonaise. Then maybe Wonder can teach me how to turn the rest of that raw milk into yogurt?

The paleo mayonnaise was successful. http://everydaypaleo.com/homemade-pa...-cooking-demo/ And it tastes pretty good. I'd like it just a little less runny and a little stronger taste.

For this recipe I went through my vinegars and didn't have any Apple Cider Vinegar, so went to the store. I figured Red Wine Vinegar was also paleo but not good for mayonnaise; all the rest I had to throw out. Several type of Rice (and rice wine) vinegars and some CW crap. I kept the Balsamic Vinegar too: http://paleodietlifestyle.com/salad-...-vinaigrettes/

B - 2 bacon, 2 eggs
    L - tuna fish & c celery & onions & paleo mayonnaise, yogurt
    D - last of River Thai left-overs.
    - - - - - -

It was 84 today and will be increasingly warmer the next several days. We have such a short spring and fall. I never did get those seeds planted. But my Basil is still alive. I hope to plant it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 04-28-2013 at 06:56 PM.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    My somewhat crazy guide to yogurt-making is here . Nameless Wonders: Yogurt for the masses

I have read that heating to 185F first is unnecessary and that it kills off the beneficial bacteria that comes in the milk, so with raw milk, you might just want to heat to 110 and then mix in your starter yogurt.

Another method here Homemade Yogurt in Mason Jars - Food in Jars | Food in Jars

About using raw milk How to Make Raw Milk Yogurt | Raw Yogurt Recipes
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you very much, Tasha. That looks great, and even do-able. But I only have about 2/4 cup of raw milk left. That's not enough to make it worthwhile is it? I'll let Dick drink it. Then I'll get a 1/2 gallon and chobani yogurt (no pain there) and give it a try. I've earmarked your directions.

Oh, I just read your reference for making raw milk yogurt. This is sounding like too much effort for the results. I like yogurt but not overly so. Maybe some day, but not now. Tasha, you are a love.

Tasha, you might also enjoy this book, she has a lot in it about the effects of the primal/paleo diet on the mind. (She's also rather pedantic.)

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast