Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journey (Cryptocode) page 13

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much Wonder, I'm really happy you're still with me. Yes, I'm not doing well here. The medicine that worked before is not helping now. It stops the diarrhea but that's all. I think I've moved on to IBD from IBS and am hunting help on IBD. I'm trying all kinds of things, Kombucha, kefir, peppermint oil, iodine (just in case - ). I already take a good probiotic 3x / day. Nada. Sauerkraut is out, I used to eat a lot of it, but now it causes problems; in fact all of the cabbage family is out. These problems are much worsened and confused by my lack of a gallbladder. I'm afraid that now they're going to want to cut out my colon.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 10-09-2013 at 03:03 PM.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Have you ever tried ox bile? I'm confused because the medication you wrote about is for binding bile, right? But without a gall bladder, you are not producing enough/properly, so it makes sense to me that you would need to supplement bile so your body can process the proteins.

For my IBS-C, I am treating it like leaky gut. I think if you do some searching for leaky gut, that may be helpful. I've had some success by supplementing mag citrate (to keep things moving, which you obviously don't need), along with slippery elm powder, marshmallow root extract, and L-glutamine. I based this combo off of this post, basically: How to Heal Leaky Gut - The Food Lovers Kitchen. I tried aloe juice too, but it didn't help my constipation. It can cause diarrhea for some, so be careful with it if you try it.

Remind me: have you had stool samples taken? Is seeing a naturopath an option? I have read a lot of positive things about people dealing with gut disorders w/ the help of naturopaths.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

The best Bread in the World, by taste:

Wroclaw Trencher Bread

In Poland, the use of trenchers was popular in the Middle Ages. The Polish city of Wroclaw kept bread laws that specified how this bread would be made. In her book Food and Drink in Medieval Poland, Maria Dembinska has used their records to recreate the recipe for this bread:

Ingredients:
    8 cups (1kg) of stone ground rye flour
    7 cups (875g) of stone ground spelt or whole club wheat flour
    2 cups (500ml) thick beer
    1 cup (250 ml) active beer barm or 1/2 ounce (14g) dry yeast proofed in 1 cup (250 ml) lukewarm water
    4 cups (1 litre) water at room temperature
    2 tablespoons of salt

Directions: Combine the flours in a mixing bowl. Measure out 7 1/2 cups (950g) and put this in a large work bowl or bread through. Combine the thick beer, yeast and water. Add this to the flour and stir to create a slurry. Cover and let stand overnight until foamy. Combine the salt with the remaining flour, and stir down the slurry. Add the salted flour to the slurry and knead into a ball of dough on a well-floured work surface. Knead for at least 20 minutes, vigorously striking the dough from time to time with a bat or long rolling pin to break down the glutten. Set aside, cover, and let the dough rise until doubled in bulk. When it is fully risen, knock down and knead again, breaking it with a bat or rolling pin as before. When the dough is soft and spongy, mold it out into 9 or 10 round loaves (each about 12 ounces or 375 g to allow for water loss during baking). Cover and let the loaves rise in a warm place until they are roughly 6 inches (15 cm) in diameter.

While the loaves are rising, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (250 degrees C). When the loaves are fully risen, set them on a greased pizza sheets and cut a small sign of the cross or some other preferred pattern into the top of each loaf. Set the loaves in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F and finish baking the bread for 10 to 20 minutes or until it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on a rack. Do not cut the bread until it is room temperature.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Hi Wonder, thanks for you thoughts. We think the same way. I first tried some oxbile for 2 days. It seemed to make things worse. My reasoning was similar to yours. I need more bile or less fats. Yes, the chlorestryamine combines with the bile and removes the combined compound to the colon where it cannot attract water.

However it is no longer has that effect. I still have a lot of water in the colon. If I take a full dose, nothing at all comes out and after 3 days I have to take a break-from-it day to let all the water and gas out. If I take a 3/4 dose I get an outflow of water and sawdust-looking poop once or twice in the evening, but still have to take a 3rd day break due to gas. This means to me I have too much bile and the medicine is not able to convert all of it. So maybe I'm eating too many fats to attract all that bile. As you can see, I'm confused. But for sure, sawdust is what I get no matter what I try.

Currently I'm trying Peppermint Oil, Iodine, Kombucha, kefir, l-glutamine and yogurt with probiotics (& the medicine). No good results.
    I'm adding a try to up my ph level, then add iodine from Lugols liquid to start and later iodoral.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 10-12-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

I ran across this product in my searchings on leaky gut today
    Amazon.com: Designs for Health - GI Revive 225gm Powder [Health and Beauty]: Health & Personal Care
    I recognize most of the ingredients as things recommended for promoting healing w/ leaky gut & other intestinal disorders. I might take it, but am going to talk to the gut doctor I have been seeing on and off first. He has recommended other products from this brand to me in the past. I'll let you know what happens.

Hi Wonder! OK, I'm getting desperate now. Nothing has really improved. In fact it seems to be worse. Last night I had a disaster in bed. Ughick!!! That'll teach me to take Mg at night. Grizz has convinced me to try the pH and Iodine path. Maybe convinced is not the right word, but out of options. Anyway there is a youtube on how to make a solution to up your pH How to Alkaline your body (Part l) - YouTube with a Part II very cheaply yourself. I'm just going to buy the Body Amperage product. I know my blood pH is 5.5 and has been for some time. It's supposed to be 7.35 - 7.45 so I'm pretty far off. Next step is to start adding iodine: http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_7wuyargk31_b

There's only been 2 testimonials that this method has helped IBS and in the bio-chemistry info IBS is not mentioned. but Grizz is a total convert. And I'm up for anything.

Grizz's info on iodine: http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout He's referencing Dr. Brownstein and http://www.livingsoilherbalfarmacy.blogspot.com/

And here's the pH food chart: http://healthwyze.org/index.php/comp...ood-chart.html.
    And here's more on pH: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...yOYzszMA/edit#

Asparagus, Carrot Juice, Parsley, Raw Spinach, Broccoli, Garlic are acceptable. Goat Milk, Goat Cheese, Whey, Yogurt, Eggs are great.

Wonder, do ask you doctor about Ph and Iodine. I'd be interested in what he says.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 10-13-2013 at 02:26 PM.

I definitely understand feeling like you're out of options.

I know I was deficient in Iodine in January of this year. I should get some more tests done before the end of the year, while I've got my deductible covered. I'll see what the doc says about the pH stuff, but I am personally not convinced.

When you get right down to it: 1) the foods you eat can not effect your blood pH, only your urine pH.
    2) Not that many foods are alkaline: CFSAN - Bad Bug Book - pH Values of Various Foods
    Asparagus, fresh, cooked 6.1 - 6.7
    Brussel sprouts 6.0 - 6.3
    Carrot Juice 6.4
    Kale (cooked) 6.4 - 6.8
    Leeks 5.5 - 6.0
    Mushrooms (cooked) 6.2
    Okra (cooked) 5.5 - 6.4
    Olives (ripe) 6.0 - 6.5
    Parsley 5.7 - 6.0
    Peas 5.8 - 7.0
    Radishes (red) 5.8 - 6.5
    Rice (all cooked) 6.0 - 6.7
    Spinach 5.5 - 7.2
    Squash Hubbard 6.0 - 6.2
    Zucchini (cooked) 5.8 - 6.1
    Cantaloupe 6.17-7.13
    Dates 6.3 - 6.6
    Melons
    Casaba 5.5 - 6.0
    Honey dew 6.3 - 6.7
    Persian 6.0 - 6.3
    Crackers 7.0 - 8.5
    Cocoa 6.3
    Beef Ground 5.1 - 6.2
    Ham 5.9 - 6.1
    Lamb 5.4 - 6.7
    Pork 5.3 - 6.9
    Veal 6
    Chicken 6.5 - 6.7
    Turkey (roasted) 5.7 - 6.8
    Fish, all
    Butter 6.1 - 6.4
    Milk 6.3 - 8.5
    Cream 6.5
    Cheeses
    Camembert 7.4
    Swiss Gruyere 5.1 - 6.6
    Eggs
    White 7.0 - 9.0
    Yolk 6.4
    Egg solids, whites 6.5 - 7.5
    Whole 7.1 - 7.9
    Frozen 8.5 - 9.5

According to the FDA, that's it.

How come the FDA knows that the food you eat will not effect your blood pH, but thinks the food you eat will effect your blood cholesterol?

And how come the medicine the G.I. doctor worked really well when I ate CW crap but does nothing or worse when I'm on good PB?

So I've dropped the medicine for now.

a note: COMPAGNIES DES CRISTALLERIES DE BACCARAT
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 11-04-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    11/24/13

Today is my 4th day home from a 3 day hospital stay from a heart problem, condition acute. After a rather confusing 2 days I was diagnosed with
    bronchitis
    Double pneumonia
    Emphysema
    Congestive Heart Failure.

The bronchitis and pneumonia can be cured, they say. The heart and Emphysema can be stabilized but will never improve.

I have learned:

1. Smoking does not directly cause lung cancer or any other kind of cancer. (I never believed this anyway. I know too many people who smoked all their lives and never developed cancer.)
    Smoking does directly cause emphasemia. (I didn't know that, no media ever impinged my ears.) The lungs are like inflated balloons (2). The surface and inside of each balloon is filled with microscopic bubbles in which the blood exchanges 02 and CO2. Nicotine inhaled into the lungs pops the microscopic bubbles, thereby decreasing the amount of air that can be exchanged. When a larger area of popped bubbles are connected, a hole in the lung occurs. I'm told that my lungs look like swiss cheese. This is the direct cause.
    The difficulty is one of the definition. A person does not have emphysema until air exchanged is reduced to a certain percentage, which number I was not told. But the fact is that when you have lost one microscopic bubble this does result in some reduction of air exchange. Now I suppose that everybody suffers some loss of air exchange from birth, just breathing in our polluted air. So smoking is not the only direct cause of emphysema.

2. Pneumonia can be cause either by bacteria or viruses. There's no treatment for viral pneumonia. I'm on gobs of antibiotics.

3. Congestive Heart Failure is directly caused by too much salt. If you eat the SAD you will probably get Congestive Heart Failure. Salt causes the body to accumulate and hold water, thus causing bloat, swelling, etc. One place the water can be put is in or around the heart, making it much harder for the heart muscle to work. When I heard the term 'Congestive Heart Failure' I wondered why I wasn't dead. In Engineering Failure means total failure. Not it medicine through. Failure is measured by efficiency of the heart muscle. Anything above 40% is OK. Mine is at 60%. (I'd like 100% better.) But they say I can lead a normal life if I stabilize. I do feel better than when I went into the hospital. I'm not sure I like Doctors deciding what is OK for my heart. Smells something like a death panel decision. They'll treat it below 40%.
    In a 30 year old male who eats 2400 cal/day, his diet should include 2300 mg of salt. I eat about 1200 cal/day so I should eat about 1100 mg/day of salt. They told me to eat under 1500 mg/day, or about 500 mg per meal. This was their standardized advice for all 'Congestive Heart Failure' patients. I'll try to stay under 1100 mg.
    All humans, they told me, should have a blood potassium level between 3.5 - 5.0 mg/liter. Mine was low for two days. Potassium is necessary for the heart to beat easily; it supports heart muscle efficiency. They gave me potassium tablets. I will continue this. They did not relate potassium to salt, rather they related salt to magnesium, but I had enough magnesium.

I'm carefully taking my glob of medicines, inhalers, etc. Hospitals are really different from what they used to be in the early 1950's in war-torn Japan and Korea. And much, much better. Here in CAL most of the nursing staff were Phillipino or Vietnamese, which seem to have very loving cultures. Now I think love does really help heal you. I had a team of 4 doctors who were really busy on me, I had lots and lots of tests in those 3 days. They also gave me steroid shots in my stomach which was not pleasant.

And I've so far been talked to by 3 Nurse Educators; I have one more to see on Monday. The day after I came home a Visiting RM came to see me at home, I think to see that I was following all my instructions. She brought everything with her in 3 huge bags, including a folding stool for her to sit upon. Is this all due to the new Obamacare regs, or was this going on before?

Today is my 7th day of not smoking.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 11-27-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast