Thread: my question is which vibram 5 fingers should I choose? page

nathanb is offline Junior Member

my question is which vibram 5 fingers should I choose?

Hi everyone,

Just ordered The Primal Blueprint and cant wait for delivery!!

my question is which vibram 5 fingers should I choose, now I have not worn shoes like this before and looking at at the different models I am not quite sure which one will be best for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated

so here's a summary:

. completely new to style of bareboot shoe
    . I like to go for walks
    . I like to run 100m, 200m, 400m and 800m at the local sports running track
    . I work out at home garage or out and about - similar Rosstraining/crosstraining principles (plyometrics, jumps, full body movements etc)
    . live in UK so warm and mostly cold weather lol
    . grass/pavement/track/dry

I am thinking the KSO or Komodosport??

thanks,

Nathan

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Komodosport LS.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    KSOs and komodos are probably the most versitile. bikilas are build more for running, but if those runs at the track are sprint-like, you can wear whatever or go barefoot on the inside/outside grass.

nathanb is offline Junior Member
    thanks for replies and yeah track runs are more sprint sessions.
    but I do more odd workout stuff than running so the need for something quite versatile seems to be what I need. Maybe once I get into the flex and feel of using them I could think about getting a second pair of vibrams like the Bikilas for my running sessions.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    I purchased my first pair 2 days ago (komodosport). Something I never thought about before trying them on - was actually getting them on! I had a hell of a time with a couple models! I tried 2 different pairs and for the life of me could not get my toes in them. I felt like an idiot! I was determined I was getting a pair so insisted on trying a 3rd model, which was the komodosport, and foot slipped right in and felt great! The color wasn't what I had in mind, so I wanted to try another pair. Same thing, couldn't get toes in. I went with what I could get on and color grew on me. Love them!

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    I just got a new pair of Spyridon LS VFF's, and they are probably my favorite model. They have an incredibly aggressive tread, and held up very well to a 3 hour hike in the mountains (my first barefoot hike). If you want to feel like there's noting between you and the earth, KSO's are a great shoe (I use these a lot in the gym for cross-training), but if you wan't something a little more rugged that will stand up to the bigger rocks, I'd go with TrekSports or Spyridons.

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    I have KSOs and a new pair of EL-Xs. The KSOs seem better for workouts and athletics, while the EL-Xs are more for casual wearing.
    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    None, they're overrated and people will laugh about them 10 years from now. "You remember those fingers shoes all those paleo assholes wore?". Think Members Only jacket. Although, those are back in style now.

I have a pair and wore them for about a year. I didn't really see any type of benefit. A shit ton of hype though; they're the latest craze!
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    None, they're overrated and people will laugh about them 10 years from now. "You remember those fingers shoes all those paleo assholes wore?". Think Members Only jacket. Although, those are back in style now.

I have a pair and wore them for about a year. I didn't really see any type of benefit. A shit ton of hype though; they're the latest craze!
    Lol this.

Also they make my feet hella stinky.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    None, they're overrated and people will laugh about them 10 years from now.
    ITA. i have had a pair of KSOs prob for 3 1/2 yrs now. i only wear them now to go snorkelling in as they are good for climbing around the rocks and on jagged surfaces and are light enough not to weigh me down in the water. they look ridiculous. as in i get sick of the wtf are you wearing on your feet comments. i dont really need to prove how cool and paleo i am, i just want to get on with it. i also got an impact injury from road running in them. subsequently i have owned some new balance minimuses which i absolutely loved but wore the tops out in under a week. both pairs. currently i have some vivo barefoot trail runners which do everything i need from rugged hill trails to working out at the gym. they look normal too so i can blend right in.