Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 20 rep squats..... page 3

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    What man doesn't want huge quads? That's 2nd in line after a huge something else

Fury22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    What man doesn't want huge quads? That's 2nd in line after a huge something else
    Haha. Yes.
    Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Ripped42young is offline Junior Member
    I find lower wieght 15 reps get my legs to grow and im sore mass wieght i have done for years with little results i guess its my body type. I have been tols over and over big wieght for mass as for me it doesnt work you have to experiment to see what your body responds to best.........

primalclubber is offline Senior Member
    @Fury No prob.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    Of course, nothing's better than huge gluteus maximus.

Vick is offline Senior Member
    @fury

I want to put this in context. My one son earned a football scholarship to a U.S. university. (We are Canucks... so you can appreciate that is a rare occurance.)

He knows now that overtraining cost him a professional career.

Eight years later He just put in his best season ever as an amateur rugby player. He did that by training less but by training more.

He reduced the strain on the muscles by applying muscle growth stimulation only once a week and then allowing the muscles to adapt. During the week He also worked out lightly on rugby training and then increased the tempo as the week went by (and the muscles were healing from the muscle growth stimulation) until game day.

On game day he was hitting it at a physical and mental peak.

Just a suggestion for you to consider and apply to your own needs.

You may need to set up a "game day" once every week or two and then design a program to hit "game day" at peak performance.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokaman70 View Post
    That's called a widow-maker. Sometimes I'll finished up my squat workout with 20 reps @ 315 pounds.

31" thighs here and I'm hoping they stay that way. Most people here want to look like Mark Sisson, some don't, me included. I like being big, sorry.
    I want to be big too. I have wide shoulders and a large frame and I always looked underfed so I plan to pack some meat on bones when I can afford a gym membership again (have to rely on bw exercises now).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123