Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Bread and The Bible page 9

Kata is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Geeknik;1142267]
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Can you prove "God" doesn't exist?

Can you prove unicorns and fairies don't exist?
    The burden of proof lies upon the one making the claim of a magical creature's existence. Show me a book describing unicorns in detail and I'm going to question the sanity of the author. Show me the fossilized remains of a unicorn and I will change my mind and accept that they once existed.
    Go ask North Korea if you can take a look at theirs.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Geeknik;1142267]
    Can you prove "God" doesn't exist?

Can you prove unicorns and fairies don't exist?
    The burden of proof lies upon the one making the claim of a magical creature's existence. Show me a book describing unicorns in detail and I'm going to question the sanity of the author. Show me the fossilized remains of a unicorn and I will change my mind and accept that they once existed.
    I'll repeat the second question: What is "God"?

Is your definition of "God": a unicorn?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Geeknik is offline Member
    Let me google that for you
    No. I don't believe in god. Doesn't matter to me if others believe in god but it does matter to me when others try to push religion rather than science, when public policy is dictated by people's religious text which is downright barbaric if you ever bother to read it...

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeknik View Post
    Let me google that for you
    No. I don't believe in god. Doesn't matter to me if others believe in god but it does matter to me when others try to push religion rather than science, when public policy is dictated by people's religious text which is downright barbaric if you ever bother to read it...
    god
    /gäd/
    Noun
    (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the Supreme...

You know there's a whole universe outside monotheism?

For some people the word "GOD" doesn't include it.
    Last edited by YogaBare; 03-29-2013 at 06:17 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Paleobird Guest
    Atheism has changed drastically from it's origins and most people don't practice traditional Atheism, the same way that Christianity has morphed throughout the ages (I consider Atheism a religion).

The belief system of a religion comes down to the interpretations of those leading it.
    Um, no. Just because some individuals might be militant about it, doesn't change the meaning of the word.

I personally am an atheist. It is not a religion. I do not follow any "leaders". There is no atheist organization or movement. I just live my life with my way of thinking.

You are projecting something on to atheism that is just not there for most of the people who think this way.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    You know there's a whole universe outside monotheism?

For some people the word "GOD" doesn't include it.
    Yes there is and I don't think any of their gods or deities exist either.

Mr. Slate is offline Junior Member
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by goraham View Post
    Wow. Someone asks a perfectly legitimate question and instead of answering it people feel the need to belittle his beliefs. Today is Good Friday, and whether or not you choose to believe or accept it Jesus Christ willing went to the cross to pay the debt for our sins. I for one am thankful and appreciative.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    I don't think these forums are a good place for religious discussions.
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

Antiochia is offline Senior Member
    I know I'm jumping in here in the middle of a discussion, and since I didn't read the whole thing, I don't know if this has been posted, but here is a serious, thought-provoking article having to do with original question at the beginning of this thread:
    Does the Bible Say We Should Eat Grains? - Wellness Mama
    Ruth

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    ~Bill Cosby

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

JessetheBest is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiochia View Post
    I know I'm jumping in here in the middle of a discussion, and since I didn't read the whole thing, I don't know if this has been posted, but here is a serious, thought-provoking article having to do with original question at the beginning of this thread:
    Does the Bible Say We Should Eat Grains? - Wellness Mama
    What an interesting link. Answers the question posed originally quite well I'd say

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast