Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 324

Thread: Bread and The Bible page 5

  1. #41
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Mostly agreeing, because I have no idea why you were even arguing with me in the first place. My whole point was existence is meaningless and not to put your beliefs in any one thing. Science gives you the ability to question everything, which is why I lean towards the scientific argument, I just don't like zealots
    nihil

  2. #42
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by goraham View Post
    So just to be clear, it's okay for you to mock God and when I respond by defending my faith, I'm pushing religion. Seems a bit hypocritical.
    And why do you surmise that I came on this site "to push religion"? I did not.The reason I came to this site is because I eat Primal/Paleo. I also happen to be a person of faith. I don't find that to be a contradiction.
    I have lurked on the site for some time and have learned a lot. Up until now I have not felt the need to post.
    There is no God. Faith is wishful thinking.

    Seems more than a bit hypocritical for you to magically materialize here to try to claim the high ground, when what you are doing is indeed telling us you deserve respect you won't give us.

  3. #43
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Mostly agreeing, because I have no idea why you were even arguing with me in the first place. My whole point was existence is meaningless and not to put your beliefs in any one thing. Science gives you the ability to question everything, which is why I lean towards the scientific argument, I just don't like zealots
    Umm, you made the claim that all atheists are zealots. Which either means that you don't know what an atheist is or you don't know what a zealot is.

  4. #44
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    They are all zealots lol has nothing to do with anything else. you're arguing a side of faith I don't even have, so it's pointless.
    nihil

  5. #45
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    They are all zealots lol has nothing to do with anything else. you're arguing a side of faith I don't even have, so it's pointless.
    I'm arguing that a lack of belief doesn't necessarily imply zealotry. It's a ridiculous claim. It's like saying all people who don't believe the moon is made of cheese are zealots. You anti-moon-cheese zealot.

  6. #46
    0Angel0's Avatar
    0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by goraham View Post
    So just to be clear, it's okay for you to mock God and when I respond by defending my faith, I'm pushing religion. Seems a bit hypocritical.
    And why do you surmise that I came on this site "to push religion"? I did not.The reason I came to this site is because I eat Primal/Paleo. I also happen to be a person of faith. I don't find that to be a contradiction.
    I have lurked on the site for some time and have learned a lot. Up until now I have not felt the need to post.
    I don't mock God because I don't believe any of the multiple versions of God exist in the first place. I don't even mock people whether they believe in one God or ten million of them so long as they don't push it on others. I do take great pleasure in mocking the arguments of those who believe in God while at the same time holding others to a much higher standard of proof than they themselves can even come close to achieving. And I don't hesitate to call out the fact that religion is always exempt from logic and rational thinking. That's just plain annoying.

  7. #47
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I'm arguing that a lack of belief doesn't necessarily imply zealotry. It's a ridiculous claim. It's like saying all people who don't believe the moon is made of cheese are zealots. You anti-moon-cheese zealot.
    Maybe so, but it's in my personal experience from dealing with atheists on the internet who get in uproars whenever God is even brought up that they're rather fanatically committed to believing in nothing. They also usually say "as long as you don't push your beliefs on me!" but they're usually the ones doing that in the first place. Who really cares?

    This thread is sort of an example.

    And, I do believe the moon is made out of cheese. Aged cheese, which explains the delicious looking holes it has.
    nihil

  8. #48
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I'm arguing that a lack of belief doesn't necessarily imply zealotry. It's a ridiculous claim. It's like saying all people who don't believe the moon is made of cheese are zealots. You anti-moon-cheese zealot.
    Atheism is not a lack of belief. It's a belief in nothing.

    Most atheists I know are pretty passionate about that belief!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  9. #49
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Dammitt. Beaten by Derp
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  10. #50
    RichMahogany's Avatar
    RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    8,402
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Atheism is not a lack of belief. It's a belief in nothing.
    Explain the difference to me.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •