Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Bread and The Bible page 32

UTfootball747 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I agree, the video makes many claims. The fact of the matter remains, however, that a multitude greater number of experts exist that have studied the various claims made by Truthers and have found them to be unsupported by evidence. The Truthers, in response, claim that these individuals--government experts, but also outside and unrelated engineers, scientists, academics, journalists, and even frickin' eyewitnesses--have been coerced, threatened, bought, etc. Again, without evidence to support such slander.

When a minority theory dispatches with contradictory, majority evidence and analysis simply by referring back to the same theory as "proof" of conspiracy--you have a belief system that no amount of evidence will be sufficient to defeat.

I was highly critical of many of the demonstrable actions taken by the Bush administration, and I have no doubt that there are as-of-yet unknown crimes and injustices out there. But a far-flung conspiracy by the U.S. government to kill Americans, necessarily carried out by hundreds if not thousands of conspirators, at every level of government, across multiple government bureaucracies, and with the complicity of a foreign terrorist organization . . . not only does it defy common sense, but the trafficking of such nonsense does nothing to address and distracts attention from real injustice . . . and it cheapens and exploits the deaths of thousands of Americans (much like the Bush Administration did by using highly suspect "intelligence" allegedly tying AQ to Hussein to justify the invasion of Iraq).

Enjoy the last word...
    Last edited by UTfootball747; 04-07-2013 at 12:03 PM.

grae_bird is offline Member
    I love Jesus and respect his word--he is my Lord and his word is my authority. i have pondered it too. First of all, Jesus' allusion to "I am the bread of life" is a metaphor utilizing the culture of his day. He was saying, "I am your main sustenance, the staple of your life, the essential thing you need." If he had lived in Honduras, it probably would have been "I am the tortilla of life." If he lived in a paleo-eating culture, it probably would have been "I am the grass-fed beef of life" (the best of the best, the most essential).

More "troubling" is GOd's giving the Israelites manna in the wilderness, which appears to be some type of bread. But we don't really know what it was; it was certainly not the typical grain. God provided bread to Elijah via ravens--perhaps he was respecting thier culture; Elijah, culturally, was raised on some bread and that was for him a staple and what he wanted. Was the bread bad for him? SHould God have given him green veggies instead? I don't know. But also, I think even in those days they ate less carbs than our SAD, carb-rich, processed foods diet. Many argue they prepared them differently, sprouting them etc. (sprouted grains is what Ezekiel ate in his bread). Also, I have heard that the quality of our grains is vastly different through breeding, pesticides, GMOs, modificaiton of the sugar and protein content, etc. So, maybe back then they still ate low-carb but also better prepared and healthier grains.

Just some thoughts. But thanks for really thinking about what Jesus says.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Are we happier because of these scientific discoveries?
    You mean things like germ theory (bacteria and penicillin), the end of witch burning, etc etc? Yes, I think we are happier.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Elmo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post
    Here is something to ponder if we are not suppose to eat grain. Why did Jesus say I am the BREAD of life? Grain is all through the Bible. Have we made a wrong turn?
    They did not have monsanto back then, to make their food poisonous. I beleive the grains they used then actually had more good stuf, and less bad stuf in it. And Jesus being the bread of life, only He can make the bad, good.....

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    You mean things like germ theory (bacteria and penicillin), the end of witch burning, etc etc? Yes, I think we are happier.
    Are there not any more troubles due to other scientific discoveries?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    The problem with religion isn't the religion itself, but what men have turned it into. Also, atheists, can you explain the amazing atheist and why he pours hot oil on his genitals?
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    The problem with religion isn't the religion itself, but what men have turned it into. Also, atheists, can you explain the amazing atheist and why he pours hot oil on his genitals?

The problem with religion is that many of them have actual bits written in about hating anyone who is of any other religion, or who doesn't follow the rules that that religion prescribes. The problem of othering rather than acceptance. And since Men wrote the books that contain those religons, yeah, those problems have been created by men. (men-human, but in this case literally men)

Being atheist doesn't automatically make someone an intelligent rational person. He's an idiot obviously, IMO. Why does that need an explantion?

I'd guess he has some deep psychological issues... he makes a lot of videos seeking attention. Perhaps he gains some pleasure from the pouring of hot oil over his genitals and he is being an exhibitionist with that? Perhaps he is into the trance like "vision" states that can be achieved through pain which is also common among religious fanatics who do things like knee for hours on a wooden strip. *shrug*
    You don't have to believe in 'god' to investigate those things... just ask any body mod suspension group.
    Last edited by cori93437; 04-13-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    He's trying to show he's evolved enough to survive pouring hot oil and sticking things up his ass
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    He's trying to show he's evolved enough to survive pouring hot oil and sticking things up his ass
    A monkey can stick something up its ass... it's a ridiculous premise.
    What I said above applies. He's ignorant/stupid, attention seeking, and likely gets off on that stuff a bit.

And BTW... none of that really has anything to do with atheism.
    There are plenty of religious nuts out there who are very similar.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Very little is actually known about the man Jesus, there are some public documents written at the time that record his existence, i.e. births, deaths & marriages, other than that with regards to his preaching the oldest doc available was written about 100years after his death and then there was a whole bunch dated to around 300AD.
    Jesus was a wandering preacher, he spoke in parables and anecdotes, he never wrote anything down as far as we are aware of, so all the information regarding what he said was paraphrased by others and likely carried on through oral history before it was written down.
    I do think there is some glorification going on in the bible, this is not to say that Jesus himself was not a great man, but I do believe to some degree he was appropriated as a figurehead by christianity to drive a bigger agenda, even though those documenting the writings may not have been aware of the inherent biases.
    Take Paul for example, firstly he never was an apostle, all the others were long dead before he was even born, he spent the first half of his life hunting down and killing christians, then on the road to Damascus he had an epiphany and did a complete 180, becoming probably the most famous "Born Again" Christian, now it's likely that he bypassed that middle ground and suddenly he was pushing the christion cause with the same zealotry that he was supressing it in the past.
    It is only after this time that the movement really made ground and I think it was around 400AD that the first bible was ratified and a board of directors effectively selected what teachings and scriptures were representative of christianity, we all know of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John cause their writings took centre stage, what about the other 8 guys (gals?). Another interesting point, after the death of Judas, which is still one of the unsolved mysteries, the other 11 disciples needed to elect a 12th, Matthias was chosen, obviously he had been in the outer group for a while and was well versed enough to take on the promotion, but when the bible was ratified, the above board also decided that the others had made a mistake in choosing Matthias and decided that Paul should be placed in the 12th position forever more.
    Now that brings into question, what else did they think wasn't right and did they also take the opportunity to correct these things before going to print?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post
    Here is something to ponder if we are not suppose to eat grain. Why did Jesus say I am the BREAD of life? Grain is all through the Bible. Have we made a wrong turn?
    So with regard to this statement, you first need to question who actually wrote this, in what context and were they driving their own agenda, did they have investments in the industry, own a chain of mills, involved in grain production, was it the prototype for Big Pharma health marketing, ahh another conspiracy?

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast