Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Bread and The Bible page 28

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I don't have the time go through all the "religion" posts to find out if anyone actually answered the basic question. Today's wheat is a lot different than ancient wheat. If you want to find out more google emmer and einkorn. Following is some discussion regarding the genetics of emmer and einkorn.

Medpedia News & Analysis - Medpedia

You can find pasta and flour made from einkorn - I've bought it to use occasionally - DH doesn't appreciate the spaghetti squash substitute. I've eaten it, I like it much better than conventional wheat pasta.
    Last edited by Lynna; 04-04-2013 at 07:33 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I don't have the time go through all the "religion" posts to find out if anyone actually answered the basic question. Today's wheat is a lot different than ancient wheat. If you want to find out more google emmer and einkorn. Following is some discussion regarding the genetics of emmer and einkorn.

Medpedia News & Analysis - Medpedia

You can find pasta and flour made from einkorn - I've bought it to use occasionally - DH doesn't appreciate the spaghetti squash substitute. I've eaten it, I like it much better than conventional wheat pasta.
    Even though today's wheat is substantially different from the wheat that was available in Biblical times, Greeks of that time were aware of the existence of celiac. So it has undoubtedly always been a problem for some of those who eat cereal grains.

The reason why all morals must derive from belief in or acceptance of the supernatural pretty much boils down to "because Scott F can't imagine it any other way".

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The reason why all morals must derive from belief in or acceptance of the supernatural pretty much boils down to "because Scott F can't imagine it any other way".
    The good old argument from personal incredulity.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post

Being a plain spoken person and not an intellectual, I'm not sure I quite grasp the meaning of the above sentence. Could you please state it in plain English?

Being a plain spoken person and not an intellectual, I'm not sure I quite grasp the meaning of the above sentence. Could you please state it in plain English?
    That's as plain as English gets. Scott F is saying morals must derive from a belief in the supernatural or not exist at all because he can't imagine them existing otherwise outside of a purely mechanistic (materialist) viewpoint.

In other words, because things are complicated, they require an explanation. Because that explanation is extremely complex, it's easier to imagine magic is at play. But that's not really proof that magic is at play.

Lumifer is offline Senior Member
    Oh, that's easy. I can even offer several versions:

One-sentence version: Scott F is wrong.

Two-sentence version: Scott F is wrong. Scott F is stupid.

Three-sentence version: Scott F is wrong. Scott F is stupid. We are smarter than Scott F.

:-D

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifer View Post
    Oh, that's easy. I can even offer several versions:

One-sentence version: Scott F is wrong.

Two-sentence version: Scott F is wrong. Scott F is stupid.

Three-sentence version: Scott F is wrong. Scott F is stupid. We are smarter than Scott F.

:-D
    Now you've made it too plain & simple.

Lumifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Now you've made it too plain & simple.
    It's just a proper translation for "a plain spoken person and not an intellectual" :-)

UTfootball747 is offline Member
    I think the reference is to "Scott F" (the handle of the poster here who was complaining about atheists) and not "F. Scott Fitzgerald," who I assume you're referring to...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ....nevermind.....

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast