Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Bread and The Bible page 17

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    A lot of hard work for Noah and his staff collecting all those animal specimens, but maybe the animals knew what was going to happen, and came by their own will? Another task for the staff was also to make sure that all the passengers are not eating each other by keeping them separated! Polar bears and seals, snakes and reptiles, tigers and elephants, eagles and rodents, all the insects etc.,etc., not an easy job administrating that boat…
    Not to mention that 2 members of a species lack the requisite genetic diversity for a species to survive.

Risks of Rarity: Genetic Issues Part 2

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post

I am the OP, It amazes me how childish adults can be. I ask a simple question and simple minds turn and pervert the discussion to their own self serving ways trying to ease their own consciousnesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by GroksRoyalewCheese View Post
    How many times are you going to post the same thing troll?

I had the pleasure of receiving the consciousness-altering statement in my inbox. Thank God
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Usually, even a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other elements of this world, about the motion and orbit of the stars and even their size and relative positions, about the predictable eclipses of the sun and moon, the cycles of the years and the seasons, about the kinds of animals, shrubs, stones, and so forth, and this knowledge he hold to as being certain from reason and experience. Now, it is a disgraceful and dangerous thing for an infidel to hear a Christian, presumably giving the meaning of Holy Scripture, talking nonsense on these topics; and we should take all means to prevent such an embarrassing situation, in which people show up vast ignorance in a Christian and laugh it to scorn. The shame is not so much that an ignorant individual is derided, but that people outside the household of faith think our sacred writers held such opinions, and, to the great loss of those for whose salvation we toil, the writers of our Scripture are criticized and rejected as unlearned men. If they find a Christian mistaken in a field which they themselves know well and hear him maintaining his foolish opinions about our books, how are they going to believe those books in matters concerning the resurrection of the dead, the hope of eternal life, and the kingdom of heaven, when they think their pages are full of falsehoods and on facts which they themselves have learnt from experience and the light of reason? Reckless and incompetent expounders of Holy Scripture bring untold trouble and sorrow on their wiser brethren when they are caught in one of their mischievous false opinions and are taken to task by those who are not bound by the authority of our sacred books. For then, to defend their utterly foolish and obviously untrue statements, they will try to call upon Holy Scripture for proof and even recite from memory many passages which they think support their position, although they understand neither what they say nor the things about which they make assertion. [1 Timothy 1.7] -- Augustine of Hippo (A.D. 354-430)
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Lumifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    Beer was being made in Egypt at that time so yeast was available to make leavened bread. Instead they ate unleavened bread.
    You seem a bit confused. The unleavened bread is called matzoh, that's what the Jews ate when they were escaping Egypt precisely for the reason that they couldn't wait for the bread to rise. When not running away everyone was eating yeast bread, of course.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    What did they feed the baby T-Rexes?

Lumifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    What did they feed the baby T-Rexes?
    Baby brontosauruses, of course. That's why there are only bones left...

liminal_luke is offline Member
    I will attempt to address the original question. Yes, the bible clearly states that Christians should eat bread. Eating primal/paleo is incompatible with Christian faith. Jesus said nothing about trans fat, high fructose corn syrup, or processed foods in general but if I may hazard a guess, I suggest Christ would of wanted his followers to indulge in those substances as well.

Jesus had some profound ideas about life and how to treat others, but he wasn't up to speed on ideal macronutriet ratios, dissecting scientific studies, and the debate about cholesterol. Personally, I don't hold it against him. Hey, none of us can be good at everything. If He is Risen (and I say he is risen indeed) I'll bet it has more to do with a divinely efficient digestive system than a divinely inspired diet. His bread-eating followers, on the other hand, may not feel like getting up off the couch anytime soon. Oh well. You have to make sacrifices for your faith.
    Last edited by liminal_luke; 04-01-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    I am the OP, It amazes me how childish adults can be. I ask a simple question and simple minds turn and pervert the discussion to their own self serving ways trying to ease their own consciousnesses.
    As many times as i see fit.

Who is calling whom childish?

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Who is calling whom childish?
    I think a bot can neither be childish nor adult-like.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.
    +1... i'm surprised this is at 17 pages, but these types of threads usually grow quicker than the others.

I find this whole topic ironic when it's posted on these boards. Doesn't the bible and anything "paleo" contradict each other anyway?

And the below, which would imply evolution ... (love the dinosaur part btw)

Quote Originally Posted by 01tj
    He only had to have two of each kind of animal so he didn't have a wolf and a husky he had two dogs. Also he didn't have to have two full sized T-rexs' he could have used two babies.

Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast