Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Bread and The Bible page 16

Mr. Slate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how childish religionists with simple minds can be in their zeal to drown out other voices by repeating endlessly the same pointless, failed non-arguments and perverting discussions to their own self-serving ways trying to ease their own consiousnesses (sic). They think if they bore everyone else away from a trolling thread they started (and judging by the subsequent actions of the OP, clearly this was intended to be nothing but a trolling thread) they can have the LAST WORD and PROVE they are RIGHT and God exists!1!

Fail troll. Eat gluten, get celiac, and die. Jesus won't save you.
    RichMahogany attempted to answer the original question with his best try......but you have failed....try again

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post
    RichMahogany attempted to answer the original question with his best try......but you have failed....try again
    Troll fails again. Troll tries again. Troll gives self troll points for reposting fail responses. Troll has no real answers for any of the points raised in this thread. But troll must persevere, because someone is wrong on the internet, and Jeebus told troll to endlessly repost until everyone else gives up, which proves troll is RIGHT!

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The New Testament was written in the past 2,000 years. Much of the Old Testament was written during the Bronze Age. Such part are basically historical fiction. Other parts predate Judaism and were borrowed from other earlier traditions.
    Fair point. I actually ascribe to this interpretation of the genesis of Genesis (see what I did there?), which would date the story to the early outgrowth of civilization from the Fertile Crescent (e.g. >2000 years ago), but I was talking about the Jesus/bread related stories with regard to the <2000 yrs figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post
    Sweet, I have pleased the troll! Do I win a prize?
    Last edited by RichMahogany; 04-01-2013 at 07:57 AM. Reason: typo

Timthetaco Guest
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    I'm Catholic. First of all early Christians/Catholics did not read Genesis as literal but as allegory. I have a real problem with fundamentalists' interpretations.
    Case in point: The following argumentative quote could have been written yesterday. Instead it was written in late 300AD by Saint Augustine of Hippo. He's chastising what we know call fundamentalist Christians Saint Augustine on Science and Scripture

The other point is Jesus was a man of his culture and followed his society's precepts. He was not omnipotent. If he was then he wouldn't have been "a man like us in all things but sin" as the verse says.

Just like acorns are very different from verities of acorn trees, wheat verities aren't created equal. The middle east had at least 8,000 years of hybridizing their strain of wheat. Speculation on my part but that was enough time to minimize the amount of gluten in their strain. Beer was being made in Egypt at that time so yeast was available to make leavened bread. Instead they ate unleavened bread. Maybe that was due to minimal gluten. Today, wheat is grown to increase gluten content.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

01tj is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    How did Noah fit all those animals on the ark?
    It was much bigger that most of the pictures you see with boats that look like bathtubs. I think the measurements work out to be around 450 ft long. He only had to have two of each kind of animal so he didn't have a wolf and a husky he had two dogs. Also he didn't have to have two full sized T-rexs' he could have used two babies.

I think our bodies and our daily requirement's have changed since Jesus walked the earth so bread would probably have had different effects on the body

Quote Originally Posted by 01tj View Post
    It was much bigger that most of the pictures you see with boats that look like bathtubs. I think the measurements work out to be around 450 ft long. He only had to have two of each kind of animal so he didn't have a wolf and a husky he had two dogs. Also he didn't have to have two full sized T-rexs' he could have used two babies.

I think our bodies and our daily requirement's have changed since Jesus walked the earth so bread would probably have had different effects on the body
    Oh, I didn't think of baby T-Rexes. Now the whole thing makes perfect sense

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    A lot of hard work for Noah and his staff collecting all those animal specimens, but maybe the animals knew what was going to happen, and came by their own will? Another task for the staff was also to make sure that all the passengers are not eating each other by keeping them separated! Polar bears and seals, snakes and reptiles, tigers and elephants, eagles and rodents, all the insects etc.,etc., not an easy job administrating that boat…

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh so two of every single species on earth could fit on the Ark cause it was super big?? Gotcha!

What about the species of cave fish in Mammoth Cave in KY that are blind, need water to live in, and are found nowhere else in the world? How did they walk to Noah's ark? What about terrestrial plants and fungi? Were there two of those too? If not how did they all get here in the variety we see them in today?

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast