Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Bread and The Bible page 10

bfursvmu is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    only the wealthy could afford on a regular basis.

Glenview is offline Member
    Wow. Seems like a lot of vitriol about something nonexistent. I didn't realize all the hypocrites and barbarians were just in organized religion. I for one am an astounding hypocrite. All that I struggle to be can come crashing down in one fell swoop of some jerk on the freeway. He must be a barbaric gay-hating, bible thumping, uneducated Christian who despises true science judging by his driving.

Personally, I believe I am a soul, and I have a body. Some day I plan to leave this decaying flesh behind. If there is a heaven to dwell in with a freshly recycled carcass, I want it. If there is a God there who adores me as his precious (full of failure) child, I want that adoption. If he has the ability to flip the switch on something like say, polarity, or gravity, and cause all this scientific world to disintegrate into cosmic dust, I want to be a soul, not a body.

Regarding wheat, Monsanto is probably working on a biblical version as we chat. I'm sure their scientists will figure it out.

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You'd be appalled to find the extent of covering up that goes on in all things.
    I read, I know there is a lot of horrible stuff going on, but people who hold themselves out to be better than the rest of us telling children they are responsible for their own sexual abuse, that should not be forgotten, nor should they expect forgiveness when they are still obstructing the truth.

I am not an atheist but I am very understanding of some of the more angry atheists when they see the things that go on in the name of God. It is one thing for a company to do the wrong thing, but a religion that tells you how bad you are and then does worse because they are in a position of trust, is another thing entirely. In theory companies can be investigated, but most churches refuse to be investigated by secular authorities.

As I said, I am not an atheist but I abhore organised religion and I am probably angrier than most atheists about it
    Life. Be in it.

Mr. Slate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiochia View Post
    I know I'm jumping in here in the middle of a discussion, and since I didn't read the whole thing, I don't know if this has been posted, but here is a serious, thought-provoking article having to do with original question at the beginning of this thread:
    Does the Bible Say We Should Eat Grains? - Wellness Mama
    Finally, someone with some knowledge!!!!!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Um, no. Just because some individuals might be militant about it, doesn't change the meaning of the word.

I personally am an atheist. It is not a religion. I do not follow any "leaders". There is no atheist organization or movement. I just live my life with my way of thinking.

You are projecting something on to atheism that is just not there for most of the people who think this way.
    Words do change in meaning over time. Any linguist will tell you that. As I said, most people who talk about Christianity have no clue what it originally taught. They think it's literally about some guy performing magic.

I'm not projecting. I know a lot of atheists, and every one of them is dogmatic, and totally closed to other possibilities.

And as for there being no atheist organisation or movement, well.... List of secularist organizations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by 0Angel0 View Post
    Yes there is and I don't think any of their gods or deities exist either.
    I wasn't talking about Pantheism.

Some belief systems don't have a "creator", or any personification of "god".
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Cro22ckett is offline Junior Member
    I for one want to know what unicorns ate.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yep, they certainly are! And some atheists even still believes in the existence of other absurdities; like 'square circles', or that it is possible 'to gain weight in a calorie deficit' etc...
    And there are even those on this forum who believe that science works not by inquiry and investigation, but by suppressing inconvenient observations and mocking those who make them.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Words do change in meaning over time. Any linguist will tell you that. As I said, most people who talk about Christianity have no clue what it originally taught.
    Indeed they do not. This includes most people who are, or think they are Christians, who have no idea what the Bible originally meant to the scribes who wrote it, or how what we now consider the story of "Jesus" came about.

I'm not projecting. I know a lot of atheists, and every one of them is dogmatic, and totally closed to other possibilities.
    Amazing.

And as for there being no atheist organisation or movement, well.... List of secularist organizations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And the membership in these is...?

And you are against secularism? You consider being against theocracy to be a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Indeed they do not. This includes most people who are, or think they are Christians, who have no idea what the Bible originally meant to the scribes who wrote it, or how what we now consider the story of "Jesus" came about.
    I'm not sure what you're inferring here. I thought you were agreeing with me but the tone of the rest of the message is...

Amazing.
    Sarcasm?

And the membership in these is...?

And you are against secularism? You consider being against theocracy to be a bad thing?
    Um. Atheists? Humanists? Just a wild guess.

I'm against people being narrow minded and thinking they know it all.

- Ray Peat

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast