Thread: Calorie intake minimum for women losing weight page

blondie0216 is offline Junior Member

Calorie intake minimum for women losing weight

Primal Fuel
    This may have been done already and sorry for starting another thread on it if it is a repeat.

I have been doing primal now for 9 weeks and am finding it hard on many days to get in 1200 net calories. I don't want to go to low that my body goes into starvation mode. I am loving the primal plan and have lost 22 lbs so far and feel great.

I appreciate and thank you in advance for any advice.

Have a great day!
    Dawn

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    "Starvation mode" is a myth. After an extended period of restriction your metabolism can slow down somewhat, but this is reversible. There is no starvation mode that will wreck your metabolism unless you've been stuck on a liferaft with no food for months.

Vary the calories you eat daily so it averages out the same, but with an occasional heavy day and light day. Look into intermittent fasting.

Thank you for the information. I already do some intermittent fasting. I will add the occasional heavy day and light.

Paleobird Guest
    Also all the charts that tell you how many calories you should be eating are just places to start, not carved in stone.

Many things can effect your BMR including age, gender, health conditions such as thyroid problems or insulin resistance, hormonal changes e.g. menopause, medications you may be taking, etc.

Experiment and find the right number for you.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    "Starvation mode" is a myth. After an extended period of restriction your metabolism can slow down somewhat, but this is reversible. There is no starvation mode that will wreck your metabolism unless you've been stuck on a liferaft with no food for months.

Vary the calories you eat daily so it averages out the same, but with an occasional heavy day and light day. Look into intermittent fasting.
    +1.

1200 calories (average) per day with the occasional (once a week) 1600 calorie day and a nice one to one and half hour walk each day will do a body good. I don't use net calories, just calories in. But that's me. You may be a lot more active than I am.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

otzi Guest
    Why one calorie for her is half a calorie for him

You may be interested in following this series!

thank you

bfursvmu is offline Junior Member
    Vary the calories you eat daily so it averages out the same