Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Late night house partying page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Late night house partying

Shop Now
    I'm curious what you guys would do.
    I'm 15 and I usually skip all parties because I want sleep for my strength training/health. And to be honest I don't really like to be tired all next day.

However deep inside I always want to go very bad. I love house parties. I was just wondering what you guys would do if you were a teenager again. Would you sacrifice the benefits of sleep for the fun of parties?
    Billie trips balls

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes, yes, depending on what is considered "fun" at the party in question. If it is legal, moral, and ethical, (you know I am conservative) every once in a while go have at it, Gadsie! Fun is also good for you, you know.

Now define "house party" for me, just in case there is some modern Dutch teen variant I might not know about, please.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    Go for it. You're young and shouldn't exclude yourself from social events like that.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Sometimes, yes, depending on what is considered "fun" at the party in question. If it is legal, moral, and ethical, (you know I am conservative) every once in a while go have at it, Gadsie! Fun is also good for you, you know.

Now define "house party" for me, just in case there is some modern Dutch teen variant I might not know about, please.
    Usually there are some drunk people, a guy and a girl in the bushes, some cute girls, and there's me and my crazy friends who are jumping to the music and recording the drunkest dude. I'm known as the party setter. I also try to get with a girl at every party but always fail. I'm probably way too awesome. That's what I tell myself
    Billie trips balls

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Usually there are some drunk people, a guy and a girl in the bushes, some cute girls, and there's me and my crazy friends who are jumping to the music and recording the drunkest dude. I'm known as the party setter. I also try to get with a girl at every party but always fail. I'm probably way too awesome. That's what I tell myself
    Go to the parties. Sleep most of the day. Lift. Eat well. Profit.

anicole is offline Junior Member
    Be careful with the video taking, though. (Google 'Stubenville')

But go ... be young, enjoy the times with your friends. It's not going to hurt you unless you're doing it every night.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I did party in my teens and I would again if I had it to do over. In fact, the summer between 10th and 11th grade was pretty much one long party. We took days off to go home and get our allowances so we could start all over.

(And you are definitely too awesome.)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

otzi Guest
    Party on party man! I have lots of regrets at 48, but none of them are that I partied too much at 15.

Badkty22 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anicole View Post
    Be careful with the video taking, though. (Google 'Stubenville')

Or how about don't do anything illegal, and don't laugh about and condone those around you doing illegal things.

But I agree, go to the parties sometimes. Enjoy it while you are young and can deal with feeling tired. Now if I'm out even an hour past my bedtime I feel like a truck hit me the next morning.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    What are you thinking???! What's the point in striving for optimal health if we don't celebrate life at the same time? Go to the parties!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast