Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Late night house partying page 2

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Party on party man! I have lots of regrets at 48, but none of them are that I partied too much at 15.
    + 10 million. Seriously, the real regrets you'll have are the things you don't do. (paraphrasing Mark Twain).

Party til you're bored of it and are ready for something new.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Being exhausted for a day or two after a party is a sign of a good party.

As to picking up girls, I don't know what you mean exactly by that, but remember not to try too hard or you will not enjoy yourself, and girls will likely be put off.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't imagine giving a shit about anything except my dick at age 15
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Badkty22 View Post
    Or how about don't do anything illegal, and don't laugh about and condone those around you doing illegal things.

But I agree, go to the parties sometimes. Enjoy it while you are young and can deal with feeling tired. Now if I'm out even an hour past my bedtime I feel like a truck hit me the next morning.
    My parents always said, "Be good. And if you can't be good, be careful."

So as long as you are not doing anything illegal, getting anyone knocked up, or catching any diseases, Go For It. I don't know what the driving regs are where you live but also no driving intoxicated or with anyone who is.

That's your motherly advice for the day from someone who wishes she could still party like that.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    GO TO THE PARTIES!!!!

you can sleep when you're dead.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My parents always said, "Be good. And if you can't be good, be careful."

So as long as you are not doing anything illegal, getting anyone knocked up, or catching any diseases, Go For It. I don't know what the driving regs are where you live but also no driving intoxicated or with anyone who is.

That's your motherly advice for the day from someone who wishes she could still party like that.
    My dad always said, "Be good. And if you can't be good, be careful. If you're not careful, don't you dare name it after me..."
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I'm curious what you guys would do.
    I'm 15 and I usually skip all parties because I want sleep for my strength training/health. And to be honest I don't really like to be tired all next day.

However deep inside I always want to go very bad. I love house parties. I was just wondering what you guys would do if you were a teenager again. Would you sacrifice the benefits of sleep for the fun of parties?
    You have to go. Go to all the parties you can until your heart is satisfied. Then, you will have experienced them and no longer have anything weighing on your heart like "well, I could have gone... I wish I went...."

Don't do anything really stupid though like take ecstacy or cocaine. And if you value your mind highly, don't get into heavy alcohol or marijuana either.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    GO TO THE PARTIES!!!!

you can sleep when you're dead.
    Well, technically you won't be producing any melatonin while you're dead, and you won't be dreaming. Calling it sleeping might be a biiiiiiiiit of a stretch....

Jadzia81 is offline Junior Member
    There are plenty of things I'd do differently if I had the chance. But actual regrets? Most of the real regrets I have are over things I didn't do. For example, in college I was offered a ticket to a World Series game. But I turned it down because I had an Ancient Greek class that evening. For the baseball fans out there, that was first baseball game to ever go into November, and Derek Jeter hit the game winning homer and got the moniker Mr. November. Even my Greek prof told me I was dumb for that one. Also while in college, I had the opportunity to go to a talk by Jacques Derrida, but didn't because I had a midterm the next day. He died about a year later.

Go have fun and worry about your eating/exercise routine the other 6 days of the week.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I have some interesting memories from the parties of my youth. I never really liked parties, nightclubs and loud music and I really hate staying up late but I don't regret the memories.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 210 x 3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast