Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help...My A$$ is disappearing! page

Viceologist is offline Junior Member

Talking Need Help...My A$$ is disappearing!

Primal Fuel
    Ok...So I started going primal about 2 months ago and the fat is melting off of me. I have six pack abs for the first time in 6 years, and I feel great. The only draw back is that my ass is disappearing and it is kind of freaking me out.

I guess I am realizing that the ass I had was mostly fat and not muscle, so now I am in desperate need of tips on how to build my gluts quickly to avoid the ridicule I am receiving from my girlfriend...lol. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

mjoshuahill is offline Member
    Sprints, squats and dead-lifts come to mind.
    It is sad that the measuring stick of our progress is the speed by which we distance ourselves from the natural world. Even sadder is that we will only see this when there is no nature left to save.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Squats and Deadlift. My butt used to be pretty much nonexistent, but after a while of doing low rep/high weight squats and deads, it's pretty big! Try to go as deep as you can while maintaining good form on the squats and maybe throw in some stiff legged deadlifts once in a while.

Thanks guys...any recommendations on reps...should I just do 5X5's with heavy weight, or is there another approach...

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I usually do 3-4 sets of 5-6 reps. I've never done strictly 5x5, but I've heard that it gives good results. As long as you're lifting heavy enough that you can't do much more than 5-6 reps per set, you're doing it right (though it's good to go higher volume every now and then too). That reminds of a link that somone keeps posting on here (sorry I forgot your screen name!) about how set/reps/weight really don't matter as much as the EFFORT: http://www.cbass.com/Carpinelli.htm

Cool...thanks for the link as well. I used to do a decent amount of squats and leg press in High School but never really saw any gains in the size of my legs or gluts...I am hoping these suggestions will help me get over the hump.

GrockinOut is offline Senior Member
    I second all the squat recommendations!
    and do you have a kettlebell? A good kettlebell swing with proper form will help you develop those gluts! (though you could use dumbbells as well i prefer swings with kettlebells)

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Squats FTW.

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Seconded on kettlebells. Don't know how strong you are, but 100 hardstyle swings with a 70lber will harden up the glutes big time.

If you want a larger-type ass, then go with heavy, deep squats. Go heavy enough and eat a ton and you will add big muscles everywhere.

The Big L is offline Senior Member
    Another simple thing you can do is skip a stair or two between steps when going up. This doesn't take the place of something like squats, of course. But especially if you live or work in a place that has at least a couple of flights of stairs that you use many times a day, skipping steps (and climbing up them briskly) is an excellent way to grease the groove. The number of steps you can safely skip will depend on your strength, length of legs, and size of stairs, of course.

I work on the 4th floor and go up and down 3 flights of stairs many times per day. I do occasionally get some odd looks from others when climbing the stairs in the manner I described...but I don't care.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast