Thread: Fighting Sedentary-ism..... page

Kaminokamen is offline Junior Member

Fighting Sedentary-ism.....

Primal Fuel
    Hey, so I'm pretty new to all this stuff, but I'm excited to try and change things to see what happens! My question is, as the title suggests, fighting being sedentary.

I'm curious on what all I can do to remain active all day? I already ride my bike/walk to school and work. At work, I am in retail, so I'm always up on my feet walking around. But I always come home and spend numerous hours lying down/sitting and watching netflix/playing games/on the computer. I understand about taking 45 minutes walks, but, if I have the time, should I do it more than once a day? What if I've already worked out? I just want to come home and rest and not do anything.

So, in my spare time, I like to study languages, read or even write, I want to be a writer. How can I still fill my day with things I want to do, while not being sedentary?? Thanks for the help!

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    I think that depends on what you enjoy doing. Find a person who speaks the language you're learning, and walk and talk with them. Don't watch netflix or play computer games. You'll have to think of these yourself. Be creative. You don't need a lot of time exercising. Mark has a lot of good exercise videos on his page. Watch them. Find some children to play with.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Actually rest and recreation is an important part of a healthy lifestyle too. So if you've been on your feet all day, it doesn't seem unreasonable to sit in the evening to read, write and study.

Of course computer games are a bad habit in excess but the rest doesn't sound too bad. Perhaps at the weekend you could participate in something active like a gym class, social sport or outdoor hobby.

Kaminokamen is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Actually rest and recreation is an important part of a healthy lifestyle too. So if you've been on your feet all day, it doesn't seem unreasonable to sit in the evening to read, write and study.

Of course computer games are a bad habit in excess but the rest doesn't sound too bad. Perhaps at the weekend you could participate in something active like a gym class, social sport or outdoor hobby.
    Sweet, thanks. I was thinking it wouldnt be bad, I do a lot already...

But I've already thought of doing stuff as an extra walk with an audio language program, but I am sedentary by nature right ow, I just need some new ideas. I can't think of what I can do besides sit down... You know? Lol thanks though!

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Personally, I'm a fan of sedentary-ism.

Move around, burns energy, have to eat more energy...better to just not move.
    Last edited by KimchiNinja; 04-01-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I take my sedentary times in doses. Busy work week, lazy days off.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    Go to the local animal shelter and get yourself a dog. They are the world's best personal trainers.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Become a vagrant
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant