Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You really have to watch labels.... page 2

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I get Sainsbury's, Morrison's or M&S Portuguese sardines in olive-oil. Mostly sardines, 1/4 pure olive-oil, 1% salt. Not too bad. Maybe they ship to the US?
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Fiveholts714 is offline Junior Member
    I just read some posts on cracklins having soy oil in them. So I checked my bag. Yep! Why in the name of God's green earth do pork cracklins need any additional fat?

PrimalStudent is offline Senior Member
    I was so excited to finally find a brand of totally primal mayo -- the front label said olive oil, egg yolks, and lemon juice. Standing in line at the checkout, I happened to turn it over and look at the ingredients list on the back... soy oil, canola oil, etc etc. It's like they KNOW people don't want that crap, so they don't put it on the most visible part of the jar. It seems so sneaky and deceitful.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    PrimalStudent, oh, they know all right. BigFoods spends millions of dollars keeping lobbyists on the hill to keep adding laws to hide what they put in prepared foods. I don't have the link, but I remember in one of Mark's posts he mentioned how many things keep being added even to the "Certified Organic" list. That isn't smaller farms changing the list. BigFood wanted to include GMOs in the Certified Organics, but the opposition got that rejected.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12