Thread: Sacha Inchi? page

healthy11 is online now Senior Member

Sacha Inchi?

My sister's naturopath is recommending this for Omega 3's... he's paleo. What do you think?
    http://store.renegadehealth.com/Kev-...each-p296.html

Fiveholts714 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    My sister's naturopath is recommending this for Omega 3's... he's paleo. What do you think?

Gosh it's expensive! It's 2 bottles and if you use it on salads it may not last long enough to justify the cost. But if you can afford it, try it!

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    That's from a pure vegan source. You'd prefer your Omega-3 from fish, best is from cold water fish, sardines, mackrel, herring, etc. Also it has Omega-6 in it being from a plant source. You want your day's consumption to result in 3 / 6 ratio being 2 : 1 or 1 : 1. If you eat any other plant during the day your ratio will be off. Plant oils are Omega-6 most often (not always)
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-28-2013 at 10:24 PM.

peril is offline Senior Member
    A quick google didn't reveal any breakdown of the Omega-3's, so we have to assume, like other plant sources of O3, it is ALA. ALA is not an essential fatty acid but can be converted, at low rates, by the body to EFAs. In other words, you're much better off having fish oil, preferably by eating fatty fish
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

healthy11 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    A quick google didn't reveal any breakdown of the Omega-3's, so we have to assume, like other plant sources of O3, it is ALA. ALA is not an essential fatty acid but can be converted, at low rates, by the body to EFAs. In other words, you're much better off having fish oil, preferably by eating fatty fish
    I agree!