Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any guys here who lift weights and eat around 4000 cals a day? page 2

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Typical day:

Meal 1, 10am: 4 eggs, 2 oranges, 2 bananas, 2oz cheese, 2 medium potatos fried in butter, 16oz orange juice/whole milk mix with gelatin. Some vanilla ice cream of half a bar of dark chocolate.

Inbetween meals: glass of milk, cheese sticks, lots of fruit, fresh juice

Meal 2, 6pm: 6 beef meatballs in marinara, mashed potatos, 2 croissants, 2 plums, pile of corn, 1 chicken leg, 16oz milk. Half pint vanilla icecream w raspberries.

Thats a typical day, dont count calories or believe in pre/post workout food. Foods will change but i keep a set schedule of meals, workout usually in the AM and again before dinner.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Typical day:

Meal 1, 10am: 4 eggs, 2 oranges, 2 bananas, 2oz cheese, 2 medium potatos fried in butter, 16oz orange juice/whole milk mix with gelatin. Some vanilla ice cream of half a bar of dark chocolate.

Meal 2, 6pm: 6 beef meatballs in marinara, mashed potatos, 2 croissants, 2 plums, pile of corn, 1 chicken leg, 16oz milk. Half pint vanilla icecream w raspberries.

Thats a typical day, dont count calories or believe in pre/post workout food. Foods will change but i keep a set schedule of meals, workout usually in the AM and again before dinner.
    Question about the OJ, milk, and gelatin... Do you just add the gelatin in raw and blend? I have red container great lakes brand; what's the consistency like? Please describe how you preare/eat gelatin, I'm such a newb at it but want to add more in.

PS. A guesstimate of your calories looks to be in the neighborhood of ~5,000 calories. Envious! I eat about half of that to lose, but I'm short and female. Sniff. Our menus have a lot of similarities, though!
    Last edited by j3nn; 03-29-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Typical day:

If you do, in fact, typically eat like this everyday, how on earth can anyone take nutrition advice from you? What percentage of the general population could eat like you and stay healthy, or even stay alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    If you do, in fact, typically eat like this everyday, how on earth can anyone take nutrition advice from you? What percentage of the general population could eat like you and stay healthy, or even stay alive?
    Plug the foods into a food tracker and see what's he's missing? I believe he said his bf% is around 10? Correct me if I'm wrong. So his weight and other health markers are excellent. Let's see the nutrient data. I've seen some primal menus that pale in nutrient comparison. Chicken breast with coconut oil and broccoli isn't as nutrient-dense as it sounds.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Plug the foods into a food tracker and see what's he's missing? I believe he said his bf% is around 10? Correct me if I'm wrong. So his weight and other health markers are excellent. Let's see the nutrient data. I've seen some primal menus that pale in nutrient comparison. Chicken breast with coconut oil and broccoli isn't as nutrient-dense as it sounds.
    My point is that Z is on the very fringe of the bell curve. What he is doing may be extraordinarily healthy for him, but I question how well it translates to the general population.

Zach is offline Banned
    Question about the OJ, milk, and gelatin... Do you just add the gelatin in raw and blend? I have red container great lakes brand; what's the consistency like? Please describe how you preare/eat gelatin, I'm such a newb at it but want to add more in.

PS. A guesstimate of your calories looks to be in the neighborhood of ~5,000 calories. Envious! I eat about half of that to lose, but I'm short and female. Sniff. Our menus have a lot of similarities, though!
    Actually i use the green label (collagen hydrolysate) and yes just mix with a spoon. I also add it to any pancake/French toast mix or soups. The red label does not work for things like this, only warm stews (leftovers will be jello!) and making gummys or jello which i enjoy greatly.

That was yesterdays menu so yes i do eat like that and amazingly im losing fat. Just because i am able to eat this way after many years of experimentation and tweaking does not mean i advise everyone to eat this way. I merely give advice on how i feel to best get your metabolism and hormones going. I do think most people problems stem from malnutrition from undereating or eating the arong foods. Also what my diet doesnt say is that my stress managment, sleep and exercise are all top notch. Also working on digestion heavily to be able to put all this food to good use.

Zach is offline Banned
    I highly doubt im low in anything. also take FCLO/HVBO and occasionally b12 spray. Im about 15%, working down to under 10%. Started at 213 mid jan and was 189.2 this morning. 5'11.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    How do you actually bulk on that few carbs? I couldn't possibly stomach that much fat and still be able to work out whatsoever. When I ate nothing but fat I dropped 15lbs in less than a week and lost my appetite completely. And this is coming from a guy who now eats 3.5-4k effortlessly without lifting and I stay around ~150.
    I bulk just fine eating all those carbs, thanks for your concern. I agree with you that it is easy to get and stay lean on a high fat diet.

I call shenanigans that you ever dropped 15 lbs in less than a week unless you were violently ill.

Oh, and apparently you don't stomach all that sugar and work out either. Thanks for your valuable/absurd insights.

My point is that Z is on the very fringe of the bell curve. What he is doing may be extraordinarily healthy for him, but I question how well it translates to the general population.
    I think everyone needs to customize their diet. The same can be said about many people's diets around here: they simply don't work the same for everyone. But if its working for him, I don't see the problem. He eats healthy, quality foods, many of which are nutrient-dense or complement other foods and hormonal functions, and to the surprise of some, still fall within the Primal/PHD/WAPF guidelines. I'm sure he covers all of his nutrient and mineral needs better than a lot of some of the Paleo/Primal menu examples I have seen around here. His fruit and dairy consumption is worlds ahead of the nutrients in many popular Paleo foods. I see a menu that's extremely dense in nutrition, especially if he adds in liver and oysters and other shellfish a few times a week. I counted upwards of 18 servings of fruit/vegetables a day. That's stellar with all of those healthy fats along with them.
    Last edited by j3nn; 03-29-2013 at 06:57 AM.

Zach is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I bulk just fine eating all those carbs, thanks for your concern. I agree with you that it is easy to get and stay lean on a high fat diet.

I call shenanigans that you ever dropped 15 lbs in less than a week unless you were violently ill.

Oh, and apparently you don't stomach all that sugar and work out either. Thanks for your valuable/absurd insights.
    Its very easy to drop 15lbs in a matter of days when first starting a VLC diet. Mostly all water weight, but still. You should know this since your around people who have to cut weight all the time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast