Shop Now
    - Blood sugar issues?
    - Stomach acid imbalance?
    - Sign of a fast metabolism?
    - Not being a "fat burner"?
    - Symptoms of malnourishment?

Please add appropriate theories.

I don't know what to believe...!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Empty stomach. Body prepares to take fat out of storage should snickers bars not be eaten.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    What are hunger pangs? AWESOME. It means it's time for me to eat delicious, delicious food!

Seriously though, I really don't know what hunger pangs are. They're just a feeling probably brought on by a hormonal rush. When your stomach is empty and you're burning body fat for awhile, leptin levels decline more and more. As leptin levels decrease you feel hungrier. Do you know what feeling when you get an adrenaline rush? Say you get suddenly startled and suddenly you feel that rush in the pit of your stomach and of extends throughout your extremities. You are suddenly alert, focused, you have tons of energy and want to sprint and your whole body is momentarily in overdrive. My guess is hunger is something like that - just a slow progressing feeling as leptin levels slowly decrease and some other hormone signals that "hunger" feeling.

I don't think hunger is anything physical at all, which is why it "goes away" when you get preoccupied and increases when you do nothing and dwell on it (like sitting on your butt for hours in an office doing monotonous paperwork eating out of boredom).
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

patski is offline Senior Member
    I feel very, very ILL if I don't eat soon when I'm hungry.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    - Blood sugar issues?
    - Stomach acid imbalance?
    - Sign of a fast metabolism?
    - Not being a "fat burner"?
    - Symptoms of malnourishment?
    Yes, and more! If you are used to eat breakfast at 7 AM you will often get ravenous hungry at that time due to the hormone grehlin that has timed a meal for you at that time. Also if the body can't get ready enough fat to cover its energy demands it signal it by sending you hunger pangs, to eat more! Sometimes the brain also send you hunger pangs when the body need more water instead of the usual thirst signals, so lots of different reasons really...

Zach is offline Banned
    Im guessing its a drop in blood sugar, giving you that nauseating feeling.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    I think a lot of what I experience as hunger is only in my head. I have been trying to push my IF window for the last couple of months and I find that the biggest impact on how hungry I feel before dinner time is what kind of activity I'm engaged in.

If I'm busy with shopping or chores on the weekend, I can go til 3pm easy. I do feel occasion feelings of hunger, but they come and go without bothering me. If I'm in meetings or steadily busy in the lab (I'm in R&D) at work, I can go until at least 1pm. If I didn't have a lunch bag sitting on the file cabinet, I might be able to go even longer. But if I'm doing a lot of computer work, I am ravenous by 9am. I think when I am alone and not occupied with some kind of physical movement, my mind just turns to food and my stomach obeys.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related