Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good sources for baking--wife loves to bake and it's a barrier for her page

jmsmall is offline Senior Member

good sources for baking--wife loves to bake and it's a barrier for her

My wife loves to bake, and is very good at it. It would be a loss for her to not be able to bake stuff for her loved ones.

I've done the search on the site and really didn't find that much. Anyone have a site, link, book, resource for doing low carb, primal, paleo baking?

ombat is offline Senior Member
    civilizedcavemancooking.com has a multitude of baking recipes. I've made plenty of them and they turn out very well. They are not as sweet as their SAD counterparts, however, so keep that in mind if you're going to be sharing them with people who are expecting sweet things. You'll just have to adjust the recipes.

elanaspantry.com also has a lot of great paleo desserts

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Wonderful book is this:
    Amazon.com: Paleo Indulgences: Healthy Gluten-Free Recipes to Satisfy Your Primal Cravings (9781936608683): Tammy Credicott: Books

Paleo Indulgences.

Her recipes turn out great. I am absolutely a baking snob. I have taken classes etc. And her stuff has turned out really good. She does not use stevia (relies on maple syrup) which I prefer. I've made a few things from her book- everything has turned out very good- moist blueberry muffins, the mug cake is yummy, the cookie recipes look solid. My non-primal husband thought her mug cake was my best chocolate cake ever, and he devoured the muffins.

I was so bummed because one of my fave bakers put out a book for gluten free and everything has &%^&%^ stevia in it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Wonderful book is this:I was so bummed because one of my fave bakers put out a book for gluten free and everything has &%^&%^ stevia in it.
    It's very annoying that most "gluten-free" cookbooks rely on proprietary flour mixes or large quantities of xanthan gum or other additives. I find just randomly searching on a recipe name on the internet often provides good results.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I was pissed. He is one of the foremost bakers in the US and amazing, I took classes with him. I was so excited to see his book- lots of nut flours etc. and every thing is stevia or splenda!!! Just because you don't eat gluten doesn't mean you need to use crappy sweetener!

I may email him to do a redo that uses natural sweeteners in smaller amounts. The Paleo Indulgences book does not use huge amounts of sweetener and is still so good.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Kool is offline Senior Member

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I've made these carrot cupcakes (and am making them again for Easter). I like the ingredients she uses in her baking. I usually make them without the frosting and they're really good, and moist. She's putting out a cookbook which you may want to look into. I've also made these chocolate coffee caramel bars from her site and they're fanastic. I bake for my husband...he loves his cake-y desserts!

AuroraB is online now Senior Member

AuroraB is online now Senior Member
    Kool,

I've tried several of the recipes on this page and really liked every one of them .

Aurora

jmsmall is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So what is the problem with Stevia?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast