Thread: Primal/Paleo/True Healthy Living to the Masses page

paul119 is offline Senior Member

Primal/Paleo/True Healthy Living to the Masses

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

Lately I've been thinking quite a bit about the most effective way to get the word about Primal/Paleo/True Healthy Living out to the societal masses.

The first question is if spreading the word *quickly* is possible? Meaning is there a way to accelerate the marketing process and hit the "tipping point" sooner rather than later? Or, will it likely be a long, slow, drawn out process?

Mind you, I believe Paleo/Primal/Local First/Balanced Omnivorous Diets will eventually become the gold standard, but I'd much prefer it to be sooner than later.

And if there's a way to accelerate the process, what is it?

My thoughts: I've been doing a lot of learning lately about the power of copy and direct marketing. Have you guys ever heard of Gary Halbert, John Carlton, Joe Sugarman, Gary Schwartz, Gary Bencivenga, Dan Kennedy? These were, and some still are, copywriting legends who basically sold millions of dollars worth of information products to interested customers. How did they do it? Mostly by direct mail - that's right, junk mail (of sorts), sent to extensive mailing lists over, and over, and over again, that brought in millions of dollars, and more importantly, provided high-value items to interested customers.

I realize there may be some people turned off by this idea. People who believe this plays into the consumerist mindset of American society; the "I always need more", "enough is never enough" mindset.

But, what if the Primal/Paleo community were to "tap" into the power of awesome copywriting and bring the GOOD word to hundreds of thousands of people?

How would one do this? By catering towards the selfish needs of every human being - wanting to look good and lose weight, and hardly having to work in order to do so.

Is this possible? Would a marketing campaign such as this be a viable option?

I'd like to hear all your thoughts.
    Last edited by paul119; 03-28-2013 at 10:41 AM.
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Did you see the recent buzzfeed post on 'Paleo' taking over other diets in google trends? Direct marketing totally unnecessary.

Little Women is offline Member
    People will believe what they want to believe.

For something like this, though, I think you can't beat word of mouth--when I saw several people doing it and getting good results, then I went looking for books, cookbooks, and websites.

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    I have not. Could you post a link?
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The reason we all learned to eat the opposite of healthy was from messages coming from govt funded research. "Fat in food equals fat in ass," was the message. Then it got worse, "Whole grains equals healthy whole you." It would be tough to trump that particular war chest.

No matter the current trend, there will always be groups of people eating differently. Right now, we're one of them. Maybe 100 years from now we'll be eating mainstream, and someone will have forums at a website called Greg's Modern Orange that promotes factory food and whole grains.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    There will be plenty of people marketing products that incidentally push the concept. Just remember that internet marketing is based on on snail mail but the email mailing list.