Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calcium Sources? page 2

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    just found this recipe for greens, that uses 1 cup broth; I imagine it should cover calcium ! (omitting sugar)

Collard Greens with Bacon Recipe | Simply Recipes
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    The bad predator leaves lots of meat still attached to the bones. The good predator picks the bones clean. The best predator eats the bones if given the opportunity, then barfs them up the next day.

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    The best predator eats the bones if given the opportunity, then barfs them up the next day.
    pro status.
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    +1000 on the bone broth. most days i have a bowl with some seaweed, coconut oil and sometimes eggs.

asian cultures traditionally consume very little dairy yet have much lower rates of osteoporosis and elderly bone fractures.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

GaryWatson is offline Junior Member
    have you searched Google? Anyway fish is your best choice in my opinion in this case

Salixisme is offline Member
    The calcium from milk can be pretty poorly absorbed, so if you are eating plenty of other calcium rich foods I really wouldn't worry too much about it. Make sure you get plenty of vitamin D (either sunlight or a supplement) and plenty of phosphorus as well - to be most effective, the calcium and phosphorus needs to both should be in balance.

But other sources of calcium are all those the OP and other posters mentioned. Don't forget canned salmon as well - mash the small bones into the flesh rather than removing them and they will provide additional calcium. And bone broth is awesome.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Dr. Seuss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12