Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone body brush? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Does anyone body brush?

Shop Now
    Body brushing is the latest addition to my daily regime and I'm loving it!

Just wondering if anyone has any success stories with brushing, or any tips on how to get the most out of it? I've got two sites here that illustrate methods and give good info:

My Recent Obsession with Dry Brushing | Creative Soul in Motion
    Dry Brushing Cellulite | The Cellulite Investigation

Also, does anyone follow the T-Tapp protocol? Apparently they have a special technique for doing it that yields better results. I think they start at the head as opposed to the feet? If you use it please do share
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Been doing it for almost two years - I've found it prevents ingrown hairs and acne (not that I had a lot of spots on my body, but I now get none, and when I slack off about doing it, I notice they come back).

Many swear it decreases cellulite, but I started dry brushing at a time when I also started exercising more and eating better, so I can't comment on that.

I use a soft brush, about 3 times a week. If I do it too often it irritates the skin (no surprise there), but every other day or so gives me very smooth, soft skin.

Not that I was ever using a lot of products (scrubs, moisturisers etc) but I don't need any at all now.

Downside: I feel ridiculous doing it.

Little Women is offline Member
    I've done it a little--agree about feeling ridiculous, but it does seem helpful. I've only done it the TTAP way--they don't start at the head, but I'm not sure what else they do that might be different.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    I love it and I do it every day! I do follow the t-tapp protocol, which starts at the hands, palm side up. Would you like me to describe the method? I also noted that one of the sites you linked to said that women should never do their breasts and I disagree and don't see why not. I do mine and I see definite improvement in skin tone and firmness, and since I started, the small stretch marks I had on the sides are almost gone. Also, a dark blue veiny bump on the side of my thigh that I've had since I was 18 disappeared after brushing for about 3 months.

I do this, from the t-tapp forum.

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    I've done it off and on for my stubborn case of keratosis pilaris on the backs of my arms. It definitely seems to help when I do it consistently, but I can't seem to get into the habit of doing it on a regular basis. This thread has inspired me to try and start back up with a routine tonight though

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I want to get started. Afraid of loose skin after weight loss. Helping with cellulite and stretch marks would only be a benefit.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

I've been wanting to try because I keep hearing it may help with loose skin. Thanks for all the info!

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I love it and I do it every day! I do follow the t-tapp protocol, which starts at the hands, palm side up. Would you like me to describe the method? I also noted that one of the sites you linked to said that women should never do their breasts and I disagree and don't see why not. I do mine and I see definite improvement in skin tone and firmness, and since I started, the small stretch marks I had on the sides are almost gone. Also, a dark blue veiny bump on the side of my thigh that I've had since I was 18 disappeared after brushing for about 3 months.

I do this, from the t-tapp forum.
    Hey LV, nice improvements It would be great if you could share the T-tapp method - I'm really curious. Did you invest in the whole T-Tapp body brushing package that they sell?

Also, anyone using T-tapp - how do you find the Alfalfa supps? Have you gotten any side effects?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
    Been doing it for almost two years - I've found it prevents ingrown hairs and acne (not that I had a lot of spots on my body, but I now get none, and when I slack off about doing it, I notice they come back).

Many swear it decreases cellulite, but I started dry brushing at a time when I also started exercising more and eating better, so I can't comment on that.

I use a soft brush, about 3 times a week. If I do it too often it irritates the skin (no surprise there), but every other day or so gives me very smooth, soft skin.

Not that I was ever using a lot of products (scrubs, moisturisers etc) but I don't need any at all now.

Downside: I feel ridiculous doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Women View Post
    I've done it a little--agree about feeling ridiculous, but it does seem helpful. I've only done it the TTAP way--they don't start at the head, but I'm not sure what else they do that might be different.
    Ha, I actually don't feel ridiculous at all - love doing it! And it's definitely not the weirdest thing I've done in quest of beauty (face acupuncture anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeera View Post
    I've done it off and on for my stubborn case of keratosis pilaris on the backs of my arms. It definitely seems to help when I do it consistently, but I can't seem to get into the habit of doing it on a regular basis. This thread has inspired me to try and start back up with a routine tonight though
    Zeera, I'm doing it for KP, and also for my generally terrible circulation. At the moment I'm brushing twice a day - definitely see a quick improvement in the KP, not so much with the circulation yet, but I guess that will take time... my legs are a bit of a mess.

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I want to get started. Afraid of loose skin after weight loss. Helping with cellulite and stretch marks would only be a benefit.
    It was actually the thread you started ages ago on loose skin that turned me on to the dry brushing There's tons of amazing reports about the benefits. Also, just learning about the nature of skin, and how it can be conditioned through massage and brushing to be stronger is really inspiring. I thought we were all stuck with the skin we have but there's actually lots of stuff that can be done.

- Ray Peat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast