Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone body brush? page 3

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have a big body brush I got when I was living in Germany, and I like what it does for me, I just haven't gotten into a steady habit with it. It warms me up, actually, as in my skin feels noticeably warmer to me. Great thread, btw! I should use mine this morning...
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I do t-tapp and was sent some of the anti-aging/cellulite CDs for free when ordered my first set, which I quickly gave away as not hugely useful.

As far as I remember, the advice was don't eat crap food (industrial seed oils and sugar), skin brush and stimulate your lymph system, by walking and doing exercise which stimulates the lymphatic drainage.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    It was actually the thread you started ages ago on loose skin that turned me on to the dry brushing There's tons of amazing reports about the benefits. Also, just learning about the nature of skin, and how it can be conditioned through massage and brushing to be stronger is really inspiring. I thought we were all stuck with the skin we have but there's actually lots of stuff that can be done.
    I still need to get a body brush.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    TK Maxx.. 2.99
    Have started brushing the last couple days.. weird thing is, after using it the first time, I noticed My back where I had surgery a few weeks ago felt sore/kinda bruised the next day.. wonder if its related? (gone now)
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    TK Maxx.. 2.99
    Have started brushing the last couple days.. weird thing is, after using it the first time, I noticed My back where I had surgery a few weeks ago felt sore/kinda bruised the next day.. wonder if its related? (gone now)
    I actually had some bruising when I first started as well... Doesn't happen anymore. Maybe the brushing is encouraging blood flow (and thus healing) in damaged areas...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Wait, is this a rip-off of the Korean thing where you soak in a hot tub for 20min, lie down naked on a table, and some guy scrubs the hell out of your whole body? If you're ever in Seoul try it, newborn baby skin.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I actually had some bruising when I first started as well... Doesn't happen anymore. Maybe the brushing is encouraging blood flow (and thus healing) in damaged areas...
    I doubt I brushed hard enough to cause bruising but im wondering if, because of the surgery the lymph glands were blocked up & this kinda forced things to sort out. oddly enough the Bruised feeling was pretty much the same feeling as the day after surgery feeling..
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    I doubt I brushed hard enough to cause bruising but im wondering if, because of the surgery the lymph glands were blocked up & this kinda forced things to sort out. oddly enough the Bruised feeling was pretty much the same feeling as the day after surgery feeling..
    That would be my instinct as well...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Paleo-MotorcycleMama is offline Junior Member
    Over thirty years ago I worked for an acupuncturist/herbalist who told everyone to dry brush for DETOX. I gradually stopped but since going primal started again. The improved circulation is great!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123