Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone body brush? page 2

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yb, yep, I bought the CRT package. It's 7 dvds (t-tapp is a lot harder than it looks.....!), a nice skin brush, detox capsules, and alfalfa. I don't take the detox capsules but I do take the alfalfa The thing is, I'm doing so many things that I honestly don't know what's doing what anymore. I kind of dove right into CRT and primal and exercise at the same exact time so...you know? I honestly can't pinpoint what is causing any progress I make. Yet

I think Gladmorning, you said that the alfalfa was a diuretic? And to me too, if I take more than six a day. I have at least one overnight visit to the bathroom. So I limit to six a day. The alfalfa sold at t-tapp is some sort of special blend, the particulars escape me at the moment. Supposedly, alfalfa encourages your body to make its own collagen. So instead of taking collagen, you help your body produce its own.

Ok, so......T-tapp skin brushing method! First you get naked You start with either palm, and stroke upwards towards your heart, a minimum of 4 strokes. Then stroke the back of that hand. Then work your way up the forearm, always stroking towards the heart. Stroke up your arm and into your armpit, and from your armpit to your chest, and your shoulder to your chest, towards your heart. Then repeat with the other hand/arm. After your arms and shoulders and chest are done, do your feet...the bottom first, and then the top. Then the ankle, and so on, up the leg, repeating the strokes and areas like you did with your arms. Try to just bend over and do it as opposed to putting your foot up on a chair - this keep the lymph pumping and moving unobstructed. When you're done your inner thighs, do your stomach and hips, stroking upward towards your heart. Then your butt, and then your back as well as you can. I end with the breast brushing that I linked to above.

Basic methodology -
    1 - hands/arms
    2 - shoulders/chest
    3 - feet/legs
    4 - torso

I try to do it twice a day now. I really enjoy it. And I do my face as well, although that's all upward brushing. Neck, chin, face, all up strokes. It feels great and I hope it's encouraging blood flow and circulation and making the new skin that much better than the skin being replaced. I keep getting told that my skin looks amazing lately so something is working!

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I do it and love it. Also dry brush my face. It's not the weirdest thing I have done. I also do facial exercises which entertain the whole family if they see me doing them.

momrn is offline Member
    Body brushing ttapper here, too.

It helps so much with dry skin! My legs go from scaly to smooth and shiny when I'm consistent.

I've always have enlarged glands, espeecially on my neck. They go from walnut sized to nothing when I'm comsistent.

My problem is BEING CONSISTENT!

I've wondered about the alfalfa, but I have celiac and am afraid to take stuff like that.

0Angel0 is offline Senior Member
    Do you have to do this everyday? Is it a PITA? I have some cellulite on the back of my things I want to try to get rid of. Although it's been there forever even before gaining and losing weight so I'm not sure if dry brushing would even help.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigzephyr View Post
    Yep, I do it and love it. Also dry brush my face. It's not the weirdest thing I have done. I also do facial exercises which entertain the whole family if they see me doing them.
    Ha, I also do my face And yeah, I don't give a rat's ass how it looks. I was staying with my sister recently and at morning coffee time just randomly pulled out my little boar bristle brush and started stroking my chin, making out like I was grooming a beard. It's endlessly entertaining

Which method do you use? I'm doing a variation on this: CRT for the face??
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

wiltondeportes Guest
    If I did, I wouldn't admit it. So me saying that I don't brush my body could mean that I don't brush my body, but it could also hide the fact that I do brush my body.

Seriously though, I do a form of this I guess. I "bathe" at my gym as much as possible, and that takes the place of doing it at home. I get in the sauna, sit for 5-10 minutes, wipe all the dead cells off my sweat-drenched body (which are soft now and easy to remove) with my hand, and then get under an ice cold shower for at least a few minutes. Awesome skin, awesome feeling when I'm done. It's inspired by Native American 'sweat lodges', Finnish saunas, and research done on the benefits of cold water therapy. I think I get it all, including the benefits of this 'body brushing' that I was previously unaware of.

PS- I'm Finnish and Native American so... fuck ya! My ancestors did it right.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-29-2013 at 01:33 AM.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    What type of brush are you using, all I can find when I look for "skin brush" is those naff plastic bristle things. I was actually thinking a boars bristle brush would be better?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    yb, yep, I bought the CRT package. It's 7 dvds (t-tapp is a lot harder than it looks.....!), a nice skin brush, detox capsules, and alfalfa. I don't take the detox capsules but I do take the alfalfa The thing is, I'm doing so many things that I honestly don't know what's doing what anymore. I kind of dove right into CRT and primal and exercise at the same exact time so...you know? I honestly can't pinpoint what is causing any progress I make. Yet

I think Gladmorning, you said that the alfalfa was a diuretic? And to me too, if I take more than six a day. I have at least one overnight visit to the bathroom. So I limit to six a day. The alfalfa sold at t-tapp is some sort of special blend, the particulars escape me at the moment. Supposedly, alfalfa encourages your body to make its own collagen. So instead of taking collagen, you help your body produce its own.

Ok, so......T-tapp skin brushing method! First you get naked You start with either palm, and stroke upwards towards your heart, a minimum of 4 strokes. Then stroke the back of that hand. Then work your way up the forearm, always stroking towards the heart. Stroke up your arm and into your armpit, and from your armpit to your chest, and your shoulder to your chest, towards your heart. Then repeat with the other hand/arm. After your arms and shoulders and chest are done, do your feet...the bottom first, and then the top. Then the ankle, and so on, up the leg, repeating the strokes and areas like you did with your arms. Try to just bend over and do it as opposed to putting your foot up on a chair - this keep the lymph pumping and moving unobstructed. When you're done your inner thighs, do your stomach and hips, stroking upward towards your heart. Then your butt, and then your back as well as you can. I end with the breast brushing that I linked to above.

Basic methodology -
    1 - hands/arms
    2 - shoulders/chest
    3 - feet/legs
    4 - torso

I try to do it twice a day now. I really enjoy it. And I do my face as well, although that's all upward brushing. Neck, chin, face, all up strokes. It feels great and I hope it's encouraging blood flow and circulation and making the new skin that much better than the skin being replaced. I keep getting told that my skin looks amazing lately so something is working!
    Thanks so much for sharing that LV! I've been starting at the feet, will try this methodology. Brilliant that people have been noticing your skin looks great!

I was thinking of just buying the CD "Tips to turn back time". (I think it's the same as the one "The Truth about cellulite"..?) The blurb claims that it'll explain what "really" causes cellulite. I'm really interested because CW just gives you a generic theory, but I read once that cellulite is actually inflammation of the fat cells, which is the result of a clogged lymphatic system. This seems more plausible... Anyway, does the CD shed some light on it?!

Re. the alfalfa - I noticed the diuretic effect too, and I also felt it was making me a bit hyper (apparently it stimulates thyroid function). I've stopped taking it for now til things have stabilised a bit with my diet.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    What type of brush are you using, all I can find when I look for "skin brush" is those naff plastic bristle things. I was actually thinking a boars bristle brush would be better?
    I use a cactus brush for my body, and a boar bristle brush for my face I happened to have both of them lying around, unused. Got the boar bristle brush online, but my cactus body brush comes from the The Body Shop, and I'm pretty sure you can still get them there But there might be better ones online.

- Ray Peat

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks, off to search for cactus brushes now
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast