Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could you do it? page

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

Could you do it?

Primal Fuel
    I just watched an episode of Man vs Food from 2010. I think the reason this one was special was that the challenge included pretty much primal foods.

The challenge: Eat 4.5 pounds of steak (various cuts) and 1 pound of sides (creamed spinach and mashed potatoes) for a total of 5.5 pounds of food in one hour.

Could you do it?

Note: The show's host ate all but 3 oz of steak in the hour.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Whoa! That's a crap-load (pun not intended) of food! Although, I'm sure my husband, the skinny farmer, could do it.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    ooooooh...i'm almost certain that i could handle the meat spread out over an hour. i'm not as confident about getting the sides down too, but i think i could handle it.
    actually, i think i do this without even thinking any time i hit up a brazilian steak house, but the sides are switched out for a pretty kick ass salad and a couple of slices of plantain.

I was actually surprised he didn't make it. At 50 minutes in, he'd eaten everything except 12 oz of NY strip. But he had hit a wall, and though he ate right up to the last second, it was almost painful to watch. I thought I was going to see real live vomit. LOL

I thought the creamed spinach might help because it's slippery, but those potatoes, no matter how creamy and buttery, would be killer.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

paul119 is offline Senior Member
    Maaaaaaybe after a fasted workout, but sheesh, that's a ton of food!
    Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

Yes, the meat was served on a platter, the sides had their own dishes, and the last steak came out separately.

I made an error on the date. It was 2009. Watch Man Vs. Food | Baltimore online | Free | Hulu

B*tch-lite

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't eat that much meat, but those vegetables sound really good right about now.

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    Yes. I once ate 4.5 lb of food in 30 min. Unfortunately the challenge required that I eat all 5lb, so I didn't get the t-shirt.

I love this stuff. Nowhere Man, may I ask what kind of food? Even if it's not primal or whatever, I'm curious. 4.5 pounds in a half hour is huge.

B*tch-lite

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No way, not that much meat
    nihil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast