Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coconut Oil page

FrankOcean is offline Senior Member

Coconut Oil

Primal Fuel
    So I finally bought organic coconut oil, it smells really good...

But how do I use it?.

Tips, recipes are most welcome.

desertland is offline Member
    The kind I have looks like white lard, anyhow so far all I've done is cook chicken with cauliflower rice in the stuff. I used a mix, coconut oil, then once the chicken was brown I threw in the "rice", then olive oil, heavy cream and curry.

Suki is offline Senior Member
    If you can avoid eating it directly out of the container - I use it to cook all things fish and foul. I also moisturize with it daily and deep condition with it weekly.

Sherissima is offline Member
    I've heard that some people put a spoonful or two into their coffee or tea, instead of milk/cream. Once, when I wanted something very rich, I smeared some onto a square of 75% chocolate - it hit the spot at the time, but didn't become a favourite.

I fry my eggs in it, and as Suki said, any meat/fish that I eat on my own - unfortunately, my partner doesn't like the smell of coconut (he got sick from gorging on coconut sweets when he was a kid).

ChristineCrain is offline Senior Member
    Holy crap coconut oil and chocolate! You just made me very hungry!
    ---
    ~Christine

Ali
    Ali is offline Member
    I use it for stirfrys...so a whole bunch in the bottom of a wok and add broccoli, cauli, peppers...its good for high heat.

Also this morning I added it to my protein smoothie. I warmed it up in the micro just enough so that it was liquid and poured it in before blending. I always found that smoothies didn't keep me full for long, but today I'm not hungry many hours after consuming it. I credit the coconut oil.

Tara is offline Senior Member
    Like Sherissima mentioned, I drop a tablespoon of coconut oil into my coffee when it's still really hot, it melts really quickly and I can't even really taste it. I've tried just eating it from the jar but it kind of grosses me out :/ I'd definitely recommend putting it into coffee though! Or when I used to make smoothies every morning, I'd pour some melted coconut oil in as the blender was going... super easy way to up the fat content!

Primal is offline Senior Member
    mixed with corn starch and baking soda, I use it as a daily deodorant. Works awesome

bro0kiebaby is offline Member
    I used it to fry plantains- yeah.. I know lots of natural sugar, but I was rewarding myself for my awesomeness. We should do that every once in a while, just because.

OH- and it was so hot the past couple days that even with the Air Conditioning on my coconut oil was completely liquid in the jar, so I stuck it in the fridge because I wanted to have a spoonful.. well, i forgot and when I took it out last night SOLID as a slab of granite and even now it's a rock hard impervious thing, so don't refridgerate if you can help it
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow's a Mystery ~ Today is a Gift...
    That is why they call it THE PRESENT

Sarahrob2248 is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I eat it out of the jar, like a lot of others do, but I still haven't worked my way up to eating it plain, really....

I get a spoon, get about half a spoonful out, put one fresh blackberry/raspberry/blueberry on it, put the yummy deliciousness in my tummy! Repeat 4 or 5 times. I know the fruit isn't great, but I can't eat the oil plain yet.

At first I couldn't believe people ate the stuff, but I've definitely developed a taste for it, and now I look forward to my coco oil/berry treat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast