Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grok's Longetevity? page

Mr. Slate is offline Junior Member

Grok's Longetevity?

Shop Now
    When I told a friend about this new caveman diet I was going to do, He said that is Great! Cavemen only lived till 25!

What gives? Is this true? Have we all lost our mind?

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    There's a number of threads currently on how cavemen (hunter / gatherers) lived. I believe the number given is around 30, but that's an average, including all the infant and child deaths and deaths in childbirth, and deaths from infections. So if you made it through childhood and didn't break a bone or get otherwise infected, cavemen typically lived well into their 90's in robust good health.

BTW a friend is thinking of moving to Nashville. Are there grass-fed meat available there, how about organic foods?

Mr. Slate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    There's a number of threads currently on how cavemen (hunter / gatherers) lived. I believe the number given is around 30, but that's an average, including all the infant and child deaths and deaths in childbirth, and deaths from infections. So if you made it through childhood and didn't break a bone or get otherwise infected, cavemen typically lived well into their 90's in robust good health.

BTW a friend is thinking of moving to Nashville. Are there grass-fed meat available there, how about organic foods?
    There is plenty of healthy food options, whole foods stores farmers markets etc.

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post
    When I told a friend about this new caveman diet I was going to do, He said that is Great! Cavemen only lived till 25!
    LOL, oh no the dreaded question!

This is just an automatic response people blurt out to try to look smart. I swear a solid 60%+ of people will blurt this out. Not like they are anthropologists...just repeating a number they heard in high school or where ever...

Get used to hearing it.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    It's the average, brought down by infant mortality. Toss out the deaths before age 5 and the number rises significantly. Modern HG's (before westernized) regularly live into their 70's and 80's just fine, on what they get from hunting and gathering.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post

What gives? Is this true? Have we all lost our mind?
    I could refute the 'caveman' fallacy about expected lifespan, but I won't choose that long explanation.

Tell him you're following the Weston A Price Foundation, except you don't eat soaked/fermented grains and beans. He studied super healthy humans living very long lives on these traditional diets.

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    saber tooth cats

otzi Guest
    If you had a baby, raised it in a cave with absolutely no visits to a doctor, made him forage for his own food shortly after weaning, made him drink from poop-filled mud puddles and live in an area filled with large predators--he'd be lucky to make it to 25.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    So if you made it through childhood and didn't break a bone or get otherwise infected, cavemen typically lived well into their 90's in robust good health.
    I highly doubt it, but why not hundreds of years then, like some of the biblical personages? Any evidence for your claims?

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    I highly doubt it, but why not hundreds of years then, like some of the biblical personages? Any evidence for your claims?
    The evdience comes from studies that became lectures in various conferences filmed and on youtube. They're still available.

The biblical personages, like Metheusala(sp?), are quite interesting. In one of Michael Crichton's "Travels" he visited a HG tribe in New Guina. They didn't understand even the concept of time and weren't interested. They understood seasons, but not years. I have no idea when Metheusala was supposed to have lived.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-28-2013 at 11:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast