Thread: Fats, and calories question page

Lynx33 is offline Member

Fats, and calories question

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I'm new here...I tracked my foods today and so far im getting about 46% of my calories from fat. Does it matter which fats im getting? Of the 46%, 22.9% is from Saturated fats, 17.1% is from Polyunstaturdated fats, and 50% is from monounsaturated fats.

Todays meals looked like this

1: 3 eggs, 1 cup ground beef.

2. 2 cup haddock fish, half an avocado, tomatoes and sweet peppers.

3. 1 cup ground turkey, 2 cups sweet potato, 1/4 cup mixed nuts

4. 1 can salmon, half an avocado

I'm at 2615 calories so far today, which is under my 3600 to maintain my body weight. Im finding it hard to transition...I'm used to eating so much pasta and bread and rice to fill in my calories that I'm a bit nervous eating so many meats and fat. Any ideas how I can alter this menu that I have so far to bring the calories higher?

Today my calories break down is 47% fat, 29% protein, and 24% carbs. Is this ok? I'd like to plan a menu and break down my calores in to 4 meals for the day but I want to make sure this macro breakdown is ok and wont kill me or something...

Thanks,
    Last edited by Lynx33; 03-27-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Kool is offline Senior Member
    In my opinion, this looks great!
    You're getting all your carbs from the right places, though, I would recommend eating some berries for more nutrients.
    The gist of primal diet (lifestyle) is 60-70% fat but I think it's for satiety.
    If you want more calories, try coconuts!

Lynx33 is offline Member
    Ya I was looking through some sample meals...tomorrow, instead of having my 3 eggs with ground beef, I'm going to have 6 eggs with an avocado and half a cup of blue berries instead. It's more calories and then I can add the beef to another meal instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    In my opinion, this looks great!
    You're getting all your carbs from the right places, though, I would recommend eating some berries for more nutrients.
    The gist of primal diet (lifestyle) is 60-70% fat but I think it's for satiety.
    If you want more calories, try coconuts!

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    The easiest way to up calories (to maintain body weight) is to add extra fat besides what comes naturally in meat and avocados. Eat berries with full-fat coconut milk, drizzle olive oil on your fish, cook eggs in a large scoop of coconut oil, etc. Do not fear the fat! The more the better.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Learn to listen to your body. Are you hungry? Then eat more. If you're not hungry don't. Only eat when you are hungry. Eat only until you are full. That's enough.