Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carbs soreness page 3

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston095 View Post
    I've been eating between 70 and 150 gr of carbs everyday ( lets say between 20 and 60 'unhealthy' ones as an avg) for the last month.

And I've been getting the soreness previously mentioned.

However, during January and February, I was eating about 44 gr of carbs and I didn't notice that happening.
    I think you're going to need to record what you eat so you can track changes.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post
    I don't understand what you're trying to say. So being low carb has broken this guy's metabolism and caused him to have the symptoms of a type II diabetic?

Being low carb improves insulin sensitivity, it doesn't make you insulin resistant.
    First part, exactly. Second part, wrong.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    First part, exactly. Second part, wrong.
    Not in context.

Just because insulin sensitivity declines somewhat on low carb doesn't mean your overall metabolic condition isn't improved. I said, "improves insulin sensitivity" (perhaps I should have made it more clear by saying directly that it improves metabolic function) -- the body only becomes less sensitive so glucose can be better supplied to the brain as it adapts to burning more fat for fuel. This is not a declined state of metabolic function, as was originally claimed -- it's an improved one, IMO.

I'm not the guy that said this guy has a broken metabolism because he went low carb for 2 months (oh, that was you!)

So would you recommend a borderline type II diabetic eat a high carb regimen to improve insulin sensitivity? Do you have any data to support this position?
    Last edited by The Rebooted Body; 03-28-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston095 View Post
    Hi,

I've been following a low carbohydrate diet since 2 moths ago, and now I notice that every time I eat things like bread, ice cream, rice, and so on, I feel really tired after about 1 hour.

It has nothing to do with sleep or exercise.

What does it mean? Do you guys feel the same after eating too much processed carbs?
    Do you use a nutrition tracker, like paleotrack.com. Enter a days food and tell us what it says. You may be eating low-carb, but you are definately not eating primal or paleo. Bread? Ice Cream? Rice? and so on. No wonder you're tired. Start over. Try the primal diet. NO grains. NO sugar.

Zach is offline Banned
    Not in context.

Just because insulin sensitivity declines somewhat on low carb doesn't mean your overall metabolic condition isn't improved. I said, "improves insulin sensitivity" (perhaps I should have made it more clear by saying directly that it improves metabolic function) -- the body only becomes less sensitive so glucose can be better supplied to the brain as it adapts to burning more fat for fuel. This is not a declined state of metabolic function, as was originally claimed -- it's an improved one, IMO.

I'm not the guy that said this guy has a broken metabolism because he went low carb for 2 months (oh, that was you!)

So would you recommend a borderline type II diabetic eat a high carb regimen to improve insulin sensitivity? Do you have any data to support this position?
    A low carb diet absolutely lowers metabolism multiple ways.

Yes i would recommend a type 2 diabetic not fear carbs, there is plenty of research to back this. If anything they should avoid the metabolic state a high fat diet might put them in.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    A low carb diet absolutely lowers metabolism multiple ways.

Yes i would recommend a type 2 diabetic not fear carbs, there is plenty of research to back this. If anything they should avoid the metabolic state a high fat diet might put them in.
    Do you enjoy trolling here?

gaston095 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Do you use a nutrition tracker, like paleotrack.com. Enter a days food and tell us what it says. You may be eating low-carb, but you are definately not eating primal or paleo. Bread? Ice Cream? Rice? and so on. No wonder you're tired. Start over. Try the primal diet. NO grains. NO sugar.
    I'm not tired during the day, just after eating that kind of stuff.

Right know I'm not following a diet, I just took a month break, so my carbs are a bit high, but I never cut off my fat intake

Now that you mentioned about gluten intolerance, could that answer my back's lipoma? which I discovered a couple of month after dieting (although I don't know if it was there before) or my 'vertigo' (which also appeared a couple of month after dieting) that happens when I stand up quickly?.

Khainag is offline Member
    I had some crappy fast Mexican food the other day (was with friends, had been drinking wine). The next day I had to sleep until 11 and felt sore and crappy. Seems to always happen now when I eat wheat (only once a month at most I'd say, I can definitely tell and feel crappy enough I don't want to do it again for longer and longer periods...).

I don't know what you mean by "lipoma" but I also have had skin issues (acne esp.) clear up a ton. As far as "vertigo," if you mean kind of blacking out when you stand up, I don't have that any more either though last time I was at the doctor a few weeks ago they asked if I felt like that when I stood up apparently because of my lowish blood pressure .

Seriously, try Primal for 21 days and see how you feel!
    SAD makes me MAD (a journal about Mongolian food and living with mullings on struggles with GERD, IBS and acne)http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66073.html

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Do you enjoy trolling here?
    He has given this moronic advice before.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123