Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbs soreness page 2

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Did it really take 12 posts to tell the guy he has insulin resistance brought on by a low carb diet? Because thats whats going on.

OP, your body is not used to big amounts of carbs anymore so you are getting the typical blood sugar spike followed by crash otherwise known as hypoglycemia. I suggest you stop eating low carb.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shousan View Post
    If you get the same effect from ice cream and rice then it is definitely not gluten intolerance wtf?
    Not hardly. It is likely gluten intolerance as well as other issues. Don't forget ice cream and rice dishes can also contain gluten. Cookies and cream ice cream, anyone?

Also gluten intolerance tend to be much much more severe, unlikely its that.
    Not true. Responses vary greatly, especially among those who eat a diet that often contains gluten.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Not hardly. It is likely gluten intolerance as well as other issues. Don't forget ice cream and rice dishes can also contain gluten. Cookies and cream ice cream, anyone?
    He didn't say he is eating cookies and ice cream though. I eat ice cream here and there and never with cookies. Also, since when does rice contain gluten?

Quote Originally Posted by max219 View Post
    He didn't say he is eating cookies and ice cream though. I eat ice cream here and there and never with cookies. Also, since when does rice contain gluten?
    He didn't, nor did he seem to have a clear idea when he was eating gluten independent of those other things. He doesn't seem to have done an elimination diet of the sort that would be necessary to tease out those factors. But the symptoms are of gluten intolerance.

Rice can have a sauce or seasoning that has gluten in it, or it can be eaten with something that contains gluten or is cross-contaminated. Some people are even intolerant to rice.

Nothing he or you have posted rules out gluten intolerance.

Little Women is offline Member
    From what I've seen (personally, in my family, and online), this usually is a sign that you were having this problem before, as well. You just didn't notice it when it was happening all the time, because it was 'normal.' Now that you are not eating junk carbs all the time, when you do get them it seems like a bigger deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Women View Post
    From what I've seen (personally, in my family, and online), this usually is a sign that you were having this problem before, as well. You just didn't notice it when it was happening all the time, because it was 'normal.' Now that you are not eating junk carbs all the time, when you do get them it seems like a bigger deal.
    It wasn't all that long ago that there were lots of people with "bad digestion", "liver problems", etc. And people used to die of "natural causes". Science moves on.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    If you get the same effect from ice cream and rice then it is definitely not gluten intolerance wtf?

Eating low carb makes you insulin resistance and this is most likely why you feel like you do. Try and eat only carbs, makes it easier to digest and you should be able to handle it better while you get your insulin sensitivity back.
    [Scratches Head]

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Did it really take 12 posts to tell the guy he has insulin resistance brought on by a low carb diet? Because thats whats going on.

OP, your body is not used to big amounts of carbs anymore so you are getting the typical blood sugar spike followed by crash otherwise known as hypoglycemia. I suggest you stop eating low carb.
    I don't understand what you're trying to say. So being low carb has broken this guy's metabolism and caused him to have the symptoms of a type II diabetic?

Being low carb improves insulin sensitivity, it doesn't make you insulin resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post

I don't understand what you're trying to say. So being low carb for 2 months has broken this guy's metabolism and caused him to have the symptoms of a type II diabetic?

Being low carb improves insulin sensitivity in general, it doesn't make you insulin resistant unless you're already really lean and still very low carb.

gaston095 is offline Junior Member
    I've been eating between 70 and 150 gr of carbs everyday ( lets say between 20 and 60 'unhealthy' ones as an avg) for the last month.

And I've been getting the soreness previously mentioned.

However, during January and February, I was eating about 44 gr of carbs and I didn't notice that happening.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast