Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Becoming an Iron Girl. page 4

IronGirl is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks, Honeybuns! (And so true...)

Robin, I am 5'11" tall.

I am so sore from yesterday's workout, and it has been absolutely insane at work lately. I'm really proud of myself for continuing to make time to work out even when I'm on expedited litigation. I used to just say work is too busy and I'll get back to the gym when it calms down. Now I say working out is a priority and I just get it done. I love to think about the benefits of exercise. Did you know that exercise alone, with or without weight loss, helps you fight cancer? It also makes you smarter and better in bed.

True story.

I feed my healthy cells and starve the rest.

Waist circumference:
    50(start)/40.5(current)/35>(goal)

Paleobird Guest
    Ah, another amazonian Primal woman. I'm 5'10" and I'm the short one in my family. At my most fit, right before my Kilimangaro hike when that monokini shot was taken, my waist was 27". I let a little overeating and sedentary-ness creep up on me this past year with taking care of Dad and then all the real estate stuff. It has just been a really unsettled time for me.

But, I am looking forward to more regular walks with my dog all around the harborside area where I am moving plus maybe taking up crossfit.

Yes exercise is good for what ails ya all around. I have been "lifting heavy things" the past few days in the form of all my worldly possessions carried down from the third story of my old house and back up two flight to my new place.

Plus I painted walls today. That was fun. I am so beat.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronGirl View Post
    I started my day with three free-range chicken eggs, three thick slices of amazing nitrite-free turkey bacon, and three of the most perfect, delicious, huge baby tomatoes I've ever had in my life. Oh, and coffee with real, heavy whipping cream from grass fed cows. How is that restrictive??

Would I really be "free" if my breakfast was some sugar frosted grain product covered in bluish-white watery skim milk? Or unsatisfying air-filled, dry waffles that I'd have to cover in liquid sugar (syrup) to make them semi-edible? Or dry toast because heaven forbid I eat BUTTER? Ew!

Instead, there are so many delicious options when it comes time to eat I just get excited and sometimes have trouble choosing. Real, crisp bacon crumbled over buttered broccoli, zucchini "noodles" in my favorite meat sauce, steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions, fluffy moist scrambled eggs with tomatoes and turkey bacon? My favorite right now is any type of protein with guacamole. Yummmmm.

How can I possibly stand to be so deprived?
    I know, I can barely stand it either.

Well done on your efforts and results so far, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for visiting, Annie! I love to come back to my journal and see new *faces*

I'm 5'10" and I'm the short one in my family. At my most fit, right before my Kilimangaro hike when that monokini shot was taken, my waist was 27".
    Wow. I mean, seriously, wowza. I weigh 225 lbs. and when I was 160 lbs., my waist was 31". That's the smallest I've ever been in my life. I can't even picture how tiny 27" is! Good for you for getting back to your workouts. Your Kili story is so inspiring, I love going over to your old journal and seeing how far you would hike in one day. You have so much you can do with your body and you actually do it. It's awesome.

I have not weighed in or measured for a week and I won't until TOM is over. But this Friday is my ONE-MONTH-PALEO-versary! I got two comments today that I'm looking good, and one lady even came into my office, closed the door, told me that since I'm so "good and serious" with my lifestyle that she wanted to show me a print out of her My Fitness Pal day and ask for a dietary critique. So I can't be doing too bad!

Waist circumference:

Paleobird Guest
    At my heaviest I was 210 and a size 16. I got down to 145 and a 6 with the 27 inch waist. Now I'm more like 155 and the sixes still button but with a little muffin top that is not attractive and has got to go.

So we are about the same proportions. I would say that you could easily shoot for a 30inch middle. The fact that you have already lost almost ten inches is pretty darn impressive.

Way to go on becoming the resident fitness expert at work. People do see the results.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronGirl View Post
    Thanks for visiting, Annie! I love to come back to my journal and see new *faces*

But this Friday is my ONE-MONTH-PALEO-versary! I got two comments today that I'm looking good, and one lady even came into my office, closed the door, told me that since I'm so "good and serious" with my lifestyle that she wanted to show me a print out of her My Fitness Pal day and ask for a dietary critique. So I can't be doing too bad!
    Happy one-month-paleo-versary, IronGirl. It's exciting that your lifestyle change has been noticed, and it in a good way.

zoeamy is offline Member
    Wow! Your results are really impressive for having only done it for a few weeks... I'll have to do my measurements now and think about that instead of just weight goals.

Also, loving that you are doing crossfit, I'm really looking forward to starting at a box myself,just working with a personal trainer while i get into some sort of shape after injury. Its coming though and I can't wait...

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I just want to caution you to remember that everyone's body is different. I am, like Paleobird, also 5' 10" but at 185 am in a size 16. At 130 I was still in a 12. You'll find your balance.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Thank you all for visiting and for your advice and input.

Wow! Your results are really impressive for having only done it for a few weeks... I'll have to do my measurements now and think about that instead of just weight goals.
    This (and Robin's earlier comment) made me realize I should clarify:

I started losing weight four years ago, and I was 270 lbs. and I had a 50" waist (my measurements were actually 49"-50"50"--I had to get them done for a wedding I was in). I would lose weight and plateau, lose weight and plateau, and in July of 2011 I was down to 227 lbs. I have not lost any real weight since--I've been on a two year plateau and trying to find anything I can do to break it. After four years of losing/maintaining, I am now 46"-40.5"-47, so I did not lose the 10" off my waist in one month!! While I've lost about 45 lbs. so far, I am still over 30 lbs. from my lowest adult weigth (202), and more than 45 lbs. away from a non-overweight weight (184). So I'm hoping that this way of eating and working out will be the key to getting the rest of the way.

I calculated how many calories I was eating from nuts and heavy cream in my coffee, and it was a full 600 CALORIES a day! No wonder the scale wasn't moving. I think the muscle-building from my workouts made it impossible for me not to shape up in the arms (I went from a 16" upper arm to a 14" upper arm this month), but the rest of my measurements are the same and that has to be why.

I was not too concerned to give up the nuts, but giving up creamy coffee actually made me cry. I decided to go to the Teavana in my local mall to try and find a loose tea that can give me the "desert" feeling that I get from my coffee, and I found this amazing one called CocoSalted Caramel. It is absolutely delicious. I can't get over how much I love it. I know that Paleobird (Robin) loved the plain Rooibus tea but I tend to need something for my sweet tooth and if coffee is out I'm glad this tea is in. I got a ton of this other kind that is a really flavorful chai, but I haven't tried it yet because I can't get my lips off of this cococaramel. Yummmmm. I'm so glad that there's something I can drink all day that won't destroy the calorie defecit I'm creating at the Box.

Waist circumference:

Since cutting out nuts and cream, weight is heading back in the right direction (227 on Friday, 226 yesterday, 225 today). We'll see how it goes as I continue to avoid these foods. I am still so sore from my Monday CrossFit workout, holy he!l. Muscles in my bach that I didn't even know existed are aching. Nice!

Waist circumference:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast