Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel cold! page

ruhrpotter is offline Junior Member

I feel cold!

Hey!

I remember the time when I was 16-17 (now 22,male) and never felt cold. I was wondered about the girls feeling cold all the time and I never had that problem.

Now, for about 3 years, I feel cold very fast. Of Course the temperatures are not nice now (0-5C in the West of Germany). But for me it feels like something is not right.

In the morning I sometimes dont want to move too much, because every movement feels "cold". Cannot describe it. I'm just cold. It feels terrible, like I'm "blocked". Especially in the car.

Maybe this is normal in the morning but of course this happens during the day, too.

The weird thing about this is, that I think I'm very warm outside! I can feel it.
    Cannot really describe everything, like i want to, but I hope you know what I mean.

Maybe you felt like this too and something made it better?

Thanks and regards from Germany!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    What are you eating? I find eating fat helps keep me warm. Also strenuous exercise.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Eat more thermogenic foods. Carbs, salt, protein.
    nihil

Well, I ate a lot of carbs a few years ago, when the problem started.
    In the morning I drink Coffee with cream or/and butter, for lunch I have meat and vegetables, and in the evening I often eat salmon or other fish.

I think Im not getting that much salt. I wil try to eat more of it.

I also heard that a low amount of iron could be a problem. But where do I find it? Chocolate, of course, but...

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Low iron is never the problem, especially since you're male. You might just need to eat more. Also, aspirin and niacinamide do wonders to boost my body temperature.

Are your hands and feet particularly cold?
    nihil

No, I have no problem with feets or hands although i smoke.

Eating more is not as easy as it sounds, but I will try it. Or just add more fat to everything.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I usually have the opposite problem, I feel too hot especially after eating, so I do everything to cool down, taking cold showers throughout the day etc! And it doesen't help that I live in a tropical climate...

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like your body has downregulated your metabolism. I had something similar and I ascribed it to a combination if IF, insufficient carbs and insufficient calories.

I added a small amount of carbs back in (about a potato a day), and resumed eating breakfast, and started taking Nori (kelp) and Brazil Nuts for Iodine and Selenium respectively. All of those things combined made me noticeably warmer. On days when I have a heavy cream dessert, I feel 'hot' that night (meaning my body is upregulating my metabolism in response to the excess calories).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Are you iron deficient, anemic? If so you must take an iron supplement. There's on other choice. Eat 1/2 lb liver for breakfast every morning.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ruhrpotter View Post
    No, I have no problem with feets or hands although i smoke.

Eating more is not as easy as it sounds, but I will try it. Or just add more fat to everything.
    Never mind the carbs/no carbs debate. There is the problem right there. Lose the cigs, Dude. Nicotine is a system wide depressant. It may not have bothered you as much when you were a young pup, but now that you're all grown up, it's getting you. Please, for the love of Grok. Quit. Just quit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast