Bust 46.50" / 48.25" (-1.75")
    Waist 40.50" / 45" (-4.50")
    Stomach 46" / 50 (-4.0")
    Hips 47" / 48.25" (-1.25")
    Neck 16.0" / 16.75 (-.75")
    Bicep 14.2" / 14.5" (-.25")
    Thigh 26" / 28" (-2.0")
    Calf 16.75" / 16.75" no loss

Goals for Month 3- become even healthier, lose 4 lbs., lose another inch at the waist
    What I'll do to get there - work out with more intensity, walk twice as far, cut out honey

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Walking buddies are the best, and now I have two. In the morning Jane and I walk her dogs in our neighborhood. This week we doubled the distance on Tuesday and Thursday. Yesterday I felt so energized that I sprinted with the golden retriever. He enjoyed it and I brought on shortness of breath. Next time I'll have an inhaler handy.

I've joined another neighbor, Barbara, on her treks this week through our small town. Between the two walks yesterday I put in over three miles. Written out that seems like nothing, but by last night I was exhausted and could really feel it in my glutes. Hill walking may be paying off. Since Monday morning, 9 miles so far, and there are still walks on Sat. & Sun. with TG.

Yesterday had weird cravings for fruit. I went with it and enjoyed tropical fruit salad a couple of times, pan-fried bananas, and a couple of apples. Still ate the usual primal goodies with a large chef salad and taco salad, both homemade with clean foods, and dark chocolate. Today I'm craving protein. Steak and eggs for breakfast!

Is it odd that I wish to be part of a local "primal tribe"? Not that there are any, but oh it would be nice to have friends to share my enthusiasm for this WOL.

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Another summer over! I've been so into living my version of the Primal Lifestyle that I've let my journal become dusty. When I stepped away from the scale and the computer it was only meant to be for a month or so, and now the leaves are turning. Here is my snail's pace progress:

Female, 52, 5’5”
    Primal/Paleo start date - March 25, 2013
    Measurements on Sunday Sept. 1, 2013

SW: 224 BMI 37.3
    CW: 208 (-16 lbs) BMI 34.6
    GW: 124 BMI 20.6

Start size 24, Current size loose 20

Goals for September- Continue daily walking, add in weekly sprints. Try at least one new recipe each week.

I'm still having a blast tweaking my diet, feeling fantastic and looking better. A lovely woman that I don't know well told me that I have a new "aura of strength" about me and wanted to know what had changed. A lot! Shopping for clothing has been fun and my tastes are changing. Now I'm on the hunt for clothing that makes me look as good as I feel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456