Thread: Primal Journal: KSUBeks page

ksubeks is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal: KSUBeks

Primal Fuel
    Today is my third day 100% primal and I'm feeling really good! Yesterday, I even had an unplanned 16 hour fast (from about 3 pm until 7 am this morning) because I just wasn't hungry. I've been walking about 1.5 miles a day and plan to start weight training tomorrow. I feel like a little grokling that needs my hand held a little bit until I'm comfortable with how this is all going to work, but I'm willing to give it time and try to relax a little bit. When you're on the Medifast train and used to losing fairly quickly, it's a scary adjustment to slow down and try something new and pray the weight doesn't pile back on. I just have to trust that this is the best thing for my body and a slow, steady weight loss is better in the long run.

Breakfast: 2 bacon/egg muffins (1 slice bacon with a scrambled egg and pepper in the center and baked)

Lunch: romaine lettuce sandwich wraps with 2 slices each of organic turkey and ham slices, 2 slices provolone, mayo and mustard, sliced tomatoes and a few slices red onion. Delish! Also about 2 cups worth of raw veggies including celery, baby carrots, mini bell peppers and grape tomatoes.

Dinner: Chicken breast with asparagus sautéed in Kerrygold herbed butter. I also had some homemade guacamole, unsweeteend coconut flakes and some cocoa roast almonds as a snack.

I love dairy (cheese, sour cream and cream) and eventually may eliminate it for a while if I find it hinders my weight loss. I didn't find any trouble with that while on Medifast as I'd frequently make a pizza crust just out of shredded cheese without any effects. I'm hoping it won't change while going primal.
    Last edited by ksubeks; 03-28-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    33 F / 5'9" / SW 333 / SPBW 264/ CW 264 / GW 175
    Began Primal 3/25/13 after Medifast

Primal Journal: ksubeks

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far, starting your journal, and going primal. I started three days ago as well, so we'll be embarking on this journey together.

The turkey/ham wraps look delicious. Think I'll make something similar for my meal-on-the-go today.

Thanks, Patti! Looks like we have similar weight loss goals. We'll have to keep up on each others progress!

The lettuce wraps were so good! The Club LuLu Unwich at Jimmy Johns was my inspiration. So good you don't even miss the bread!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day four and another great Primal day is in the books. I went on a 2 mile walk as well as did a few sets of squats and wall push-ups during some down time at work. After 3 full days I hopped on the scale this morning to make sure I wasn't going up and was pleasantly surprised to see a loss. I won't make it official until next week since I normally only weigh-in every two weeks to keep my sanity.

I've not had any problems transitioning into the primal lifestyle (aside from nervousness about doing something wrong) and that's mostly due to the fact that I was already detoxed of the processed carbs from being on Medifast.

Breakfast: Two bacon/egg muffins

Lunch: Leftover buttery chicken and asparagus from last night. Also had celery and baby carrots with homemade guacamole as an afternoon snack

Dinner: Bacon cheeseburger in a romaine lettuce wrap