Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not another omg look at my chol thread page 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    I had mine done 2 weeks into primal and I'm glad i did because these are my "before" numbers. Perhaps 6 months to 1 year in ill have them done again to compare. Only 5 weeks in I wouldn't think those numbers reflect your primal lifestyle but more the SAD that came before it, or am I completely off?

Here are my numbers:
    Cholesterol: 134
    HDL: 64
    LDL: 59
    Triglycerides: 54

My doctor said my numbers were so great that I had a better chance of winning the lottery than developing heart disease. My concern is , like I said , these numbers reflect my pre-primal lifestyle. Now that I'm eating bacon, eggs, butter, and coconut oil are these numbers going to change for the worse? I try not to let CW creep back in but sometimes I wonder.....
    Unusually low cholesterol levels are not good, they are bad. Normal-high cholesterol is protective of your system. This "the lower the better" nonsense is bs intended to sell more drugs.

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Without a baseline, how can you know if what you've been doing for the past five weeks has had any impact at all? It's fine to be concerned if you are trying to reach a specific level, but you've just determined a baseline. How about repeating the test in a few months to check for changes?

Jencossy is offline Member
    My SAD diet beforehand wasn't the worse. Like I said I'm moderately fit (triathlete) did not eat to excess and certainly didn't over indulge in carbs. Looking back at my food diaries I rarely went over 150g of carb a day so I'm not convinced these levels reflect my old diet - although I suppose we'll never know.

That's what I was thinking patti but I'm wondering should I stop thedoublecream in my coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by Jencossy View Post
    That's what I was thinking patti but I'm wondering should I stop thedoublecream in my coffee?
    No. Enjoy.

Sorry guys....statistics
    31yrs
    F
    158lbs 5 weeks ago
    149lbs now
    5'10"

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jencossy View Post
    My SAD diet beforehand wasn't the worse. Like I said I'm moderately fit (triathlete) did not eat to excess and certainly didn't over indulge in carbs. Looking back at my food diaries I rarely went over 150g of carb a day so I'm not convinced these levels reflect my old diet - although I suppose we'll never know.
    Maybe repeating the labs in a couple months will give you some answers.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

vlo1125 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Unusually low cholesterol levels are not good, they are bad. Normal-high cholesterol is protective of your system. This "the lower the better" nonsense is bs intended to sell more drugs.
    Could be cause of my autoimmune disorder, Graves' disease kept me hyperthyroid so if I'm not mistaken people who are hyper tend to have lower than average cholesterol. Post tyroidectomy I'm sure those numbers will change and also now eating more fats.
    Veronica
    High weight: 255 lbs
    Start weight 1/26/13: 233 lbs
    Current 5/24/13: 204 lbs
    Goal: Healthy

Right the verdict is keep going and repeat in a few months. It can't be bad, I actually feel good and am convinced I may have even lost some wrinkles! Never a bad thing!

Quote Originally Posted by vlo1125 View Post
    Could be cause of my autoimmune disorder, Graves' disease kept me hyperthyroid so if I'm not mistaken people who are hyper tend to have lower than average cholesterol. Post tyroidectomy I'm sure those numbers will change and also now eating more fats.
    Low cholesterol runs in my family. The lowest mine ever measured at was 112.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast