Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What am I missing out on? page 2

UTfootball747 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    ever notice nobody worried about "enough fiber" in the past? it's all marketing from big ag to make people buy cereal and bread.
    Like how long ago? My grandmother (who passed away in 2000) never stopped talking about fiber ("roughage") throughout my childhood!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UTfootball747 View Post
    Like how long ago? My grandmother (who passed away in 2000) never stopped talking about fiber ("roughage") throughout my childhood!
    During the 60s, for instance. My mother was riding health food faddism at that point, serving us massive quantities of organic meat because she was concerned that anything less would malnourish us. No concern about fiber until the mid-seventies.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    fiber crackpots did exist in the past, like graham and kellogg. it didn't become a mainstream marketing push til the 70s and 80s.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

gunnerbee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    I like the "starts with food" book. It sounds less Paleo/Primal to the outside world LOL. and they go into a lot of studies and info in the book. The Grain Manifesto | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    I have this on hold a the library- picking up tomorrow- thanks

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbee View Post
    Good insight eKatherine. I need to just give it some time, quiet this anxiety over it and see how it goes.

Also- I have a follow-up scheduled w/ my dr at the end of April- what blood tests should I be asking for? It seems that the conventional basic lipid panel might not be all that useful.
    Postpone those tests until you've been on PB 3 months. Your body is going through too many changes earlier. As to other tests, how old are you?

gunnerbee is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Postpone those tests until you've been on PB 3 months. Your body is going through too many changes earlier. As to other tests, how old are you?
    I am 38 y/o female. Started at 207, now at 197 (4wks). Mainly I changed my diet to lose weight, I'll admit it. However, if I see my cholesterol shoot way up, its going to freak me out, to be honest. I am just wondering if there are better tests I should request beyond the basics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12