Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Difference between "Primal" and "Weston A Price Foundation"?? page 4

wiltondeportes Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    She does have a point there, Wilton. Gluten intolerance is not an either you are/are not thing. It's a spectrum. Yours sounds relatively mild. Some people have serious reactions to just a little cornstarch in a sauce.
    She may react to just a bit of cornstarch, and that's her point. I don't react that sharply, and that's my point. We both have points, and they're both valid. It's up to the person receiving this advice to know how reactive she is.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Your point is not valid. You should not be preaching to others. You are not qualified to dispense medical advice on this topic.

The real facts are that a typical sufferer of celiac has been seeking a diagnosis for 10 years before they are diagnosed. Many are not diagnosed for much longer, even though they may go from doctor to doctor and GI to GI for decades. They may have asked their doctor about it and told that wasn't the case, without even a single test considered. Whose fault is it, when people are constantly hearing voices like yours telling them to go ahead and eat it, it can't hurt?

I have a friend who ended up in a wheelchair with ataxia. People die of lymphoma. Visit a celiac forum sometime and see what it's about.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Your point is not valid. You should not be preaching to others. You are not qualified to dispense medical advice on this topic.

The real facts are that a typical sufferer of celiac has been seeking a diagnosis for 10 years before they are diagnosed. Many are not diagnosed for much longer, even though they may go from doctor to doctor and GI to GI for decades. They may have asked their doctor about it and told that wasn't the case, without even a single test considered. Whose fault is it, when people are constantly hearing voices like yours telling them to go ahead and eat it, it can't hurt?

I have a friend who ended up in a wheelchair with ataxia. People die of lymphoma. Visit a celiac forum sometime and see what it's about.
    She did not say she had Celiac, and you did not say she might have Celiac. For the malady described, my point was valid.

If she eats the sourdough toast for breakfast, and it gives her stomach ache... She obviously knows not to eat more of it! This is the common sensical way that the Primal community deals with nutrition on an individual basis.

You aren't qualified to dispense medical advice either! Give it up.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    She may react to just a bit of cornstarch, and that's her point. I don't react that sharply, and that's my point. We both have points, and they're both valid. It's up to the person receiving this advice to know how reactive she is.
    True, but yet you tell her she's being "drastic". Drastic for you and for her are two different things.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    She did not say she had Celiac, and you did not say she might have Celiac. For the malady described, my point was valid.

If she eats the sourdough toast for breakfast, and it gives her stomach ache... She obviously knows not to eat more of it! This is the common sensical way that the Primal community deals with nutrition on an individual basis.

You aren't qualified to dispense medical advice either! Give it up.
    Celiac is just one symptom of gluten intolerance. The fact that one has not been diagnosed with celiac yet is hardly proof they don't have it.

I know considerably more about this than you do. But hey, tell yourself it's okay. And I'm sure you'll pick up the health care costs of those who listen to you and are misled into thinking that the only symptom of celiac is a "stomachache".
    Last edited by eKatherine; 03-29-2013 at 04:04 PM.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Any knowledge on what that does to your body? I shoot for a stick of butter in a day if I'm hungry, and I'll have some fat in my meat too. I can really feel the effects of that when I wake up the next day (positive effects). I can only imagine that x2.
    No clue at all. We didn't have an online forum like this one where everybody put their stats down. I just knew a lot of people who ate this way for fertility purposes. One of them suggested it to me.

Then I ran it through a calorie counter, and I had to have something like 2,000 calories just from fat alone before I even got to regular, delicious food, and so I was like "thanks but no thanks." I like regular food, too.

I will say that the women were "thick." Most of them were very fit people -- working out in gyms doing the LHT; one trained for oly distance triathlons; another did yoga twice a day in a heated room for 1.5 hrs (vigorous, really); etc. Part of it might have been body type, but most of them were . . . shapely. Not fat, really. I can't say that they ever appeared to have excess weight. They were just . . . thicker. . . versions of me.

There's no other way to describe it, honestly. Like, they looked healthy, lean (i would say 20-22% body fat), and were obviously fit. They were usually shorter than me, so perhaps they were "stalkier" or something, but you know, their wastes would be thicker than mine by a good inche or two. Thighs, shoulders/arms as well. You know?

Not a bad thing, just what I observed.

Whether or not that's healthy? no clue. They looked/seemed pretty healthy to me. And they had good fertility, so that's good.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    No clue at all. We didn't have an online forum like this one where everybody put their stats down. I just knew a lot of people who ate this way for fertility purposes. One of them suggested it to me.

Then I ran it through a calorie counter, and I had to have something like 2,000 calories just from fat alone before I even got to regular, delicious food, and so I was like "thanks but no thanks." I like regular food, too.

I will say that the women were "thick." Most of them were very fit people -- working out in gyms doing the LHT; one trained for oly distance triathlons; another did yoga twice a day in a heated room for 1.5 hrs (vigorous, really); etc. Part of it might have been body type, but most of them were . . . shapely. Not fat, really. I can't say that they ever appeared to have excess weight. They were just . . . thicker. . . versions of me.

There's no other way to describe it, honestly. Like, they looked healthy, lean (i would say 20-22% body fat), and were obviously fit. They were usually shorter than me, so perhaps they were "stalkier" or something, but you know, their wastes would be thicker than mine by a good inche or two. Thighs, shoulders/arms as well. You know?

Not a bad thing, just what I observed.

Whether or not that's healthy? no clue. They looked/seemed pretty healthy to me. And they had good fertility, so that's good.
    Were they women? I like 'em thick.

yeah, they were all women. but they had husbands. I don't know what their husband's ate, though.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    yeah, they were all women. but they had husbands. I don't know what their husband's ate, though.
    When you refer to thickness, could it be an increase in bone density? I had an almost unexplainable weight gain last summer at 22 years old. I finally had funds to eat as much as I wanted, and I started working out. Sure, my muscles got stronger, but I gained nearly 30 pounds in about a month or 2 without going up waist sizes hardly at all or looking all that much bigger muscularly. I think my bones might have thickened.

I honestly don't know.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast