Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8 eggs a day. Too much? page 3

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Eggs are high in lectins and people can and do develop intolerances to them. Some people also find they develop GI or depression issues from too many eggs. Likely you will get sick of them soon if you eat at that rate, so you may want to mix things up a bit.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    I ate 12 eggs a day for about 2 years starting in mid 2010. Never had any issues. Bloodwork was and still is phenomenal, and no digestive or allergy issues. I still eat 12 a day when I'm trying to gain weight although I cook them in a variety of ways so they don't get boring.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I ate 3 a day for breakfast for many years. Occasionally I would have more later in the day. Now I must limit myself to one or fewer a day because of the intolerance I developed.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    It just seems like Grok wouldn't have had access to that many eggs, unless he settled down and had a farm, which gets into a later era than the one the Paleo diet tries to emulate, doesn't it? I'm not saying that makes eggs unhealthy, just noting something potentially incongruent, feel free to point out how I'm wrong and Grok would've come across loads of abandoned chicken eggs in his nomadic travels...

If eating that many eggs agrees with you, stick with it. I was eating maybe 1.5 cartons of eggs a week at my egg-eating high point and I didn't feel good at all, I had serious under-eye circles, felt bloated, felt like I constantly smelled like eggs...

I have been in love with eggs since becoming more primal, even got my own hens. However, I am concerned about developing an intolerance to them--this is not the first time I have read about too many eggs becoming a problem. I have been making an effort to not eat them several days a week. When I do eat them I like to have 3 or 4 at a time and really make a meal of them.

The Rebooted Body is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndChance View Post
    It just seems like Grok wouldn't have had access to that many eggs, unless he settled down and had a farm, which gets into a later era than the one the Paleo diet tries to emulate, doesn't it? I'm not saying that makes eggs unhealthy, just noting something potentially incongruent, feel free to point out how I'm wrong and Grok would've come across loads of abandoned chicken eggs in his nomadic travels...

If eating that many eggs agrees with you, stick with it. I was eating maybe 1.5 cartons of eggs a week at my egg-eating high point and I didn't feel good at all, I had serious under-eye circles, felt bloated, felt like I constantly smelled like eggs...
    This is the fallacy of Paleo. We need to use what grok likely did or didn't do as a loose framework, not dogma.

zebonaut is offline Member
    Meanwhile read yet another article that does affirm that eggs are indeed healthy however the Mayo clinic recommends only 1 to 2 per week.

yeah that's logical

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    For grok eggs would be seasonal like fruit, eating them when wild birds lay eggs in the spring and early summer and hardly any the rest of the year (mallards and doves lay eggs well into times other birds have stopped)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123