Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8 eggs a day. Too much? page 2

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    fuck that.

I eat 8 to 10 a day on average. and UH OH they are from Kroger and not from the mythical land of grass fed free range whatever other label you want to put on them chickens. OH THE HUMANITY!

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry, be happy with your 8 eggs! I have been eating more than 20 per day in periods, and I am still alive and well...

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Something similar to above question, my body is struggeling to ge used to adding the amount of fat (only once a day at this stage - dinner olive oil or butter), would it be wise to up my amount of protein (like eggs with yolks/chicken with skin/Salmon - do not eat meat since I was 12 years old - 33 now) and then slowly add more fat (were on very lean/low protein diet, low carb/No fat diet for about 4 years) My metabolism feels screwed up - feel so much better eating Primal, but I'm gaining weight instead of losing my last 20lbs...
    i do better with naturally fatty foods, instead of drowning stuff in oil. however pureed veggies, like cauliflower and broccoli, are GREAT vehicles for butter. just whizz 'em up in the food pro.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

zebonaut is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for al the answers; support ; ... I grew up in the 70's and studiously followed the "science" of the time. Its amazing how ingrained it becomes in your head. "AHA recommendation to never exceed 200mg of cholesterol daily" had me scared sh**tless for years of ever consuming an egg. So I ate wheat cereals; bagels; toast, carb, oats instead; and bloated up like Rush Limbaugh. Never mind the years of IBS.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    My mother was such a nutrition whacko it somehow immunized me against dietary conventional wisdom.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    I've starting eating 4-5 raw egg yolks a day, and lots of offal. It's been 2 weeks and I feel pretty good.

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    i do better with naturally fatty foods, instead of drowning stuff in oil. however pureed veggies, like cauliflower and broccoli, are GREAT vehicles for butter. just whizz 'em up in the food pro.
    Thx noodletoy - read some of Mark's articles this weekend and this has helped me so much - [URL="www.marksdailyapple.com/the-context-of-calories/#axzz2P1MhiWvR"] and changing my workouts (were definitely doing Chronic Cardio that was stressing out my hormonal balance) - tried walking and yoga for 3 days and lost 2 lbs.
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Don't worry, be happy with your 8 eggs! I have been eating more than 20 per day in periods, and I am still alive and well...
    That's the true traditional spirit. When you have kidney issues, eat kidney. You have liver issues, eat liver. Having a period, eat chicken periods.
    Billie trips balls

lexsi340 is offline Senior Member
    Fair warning... I ate 6-8 eggs a day for about a year and have now developed a serious intolerance and aversion to them! Of course, I had some pretty serious digestion and gut damage done prior.

NativeTheory is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lexsi340 View Post
    Fair warning... I ate 6-8 eggs a day for about a year and have now developed a serious intolerance and aversion to them! Of course, I had some pretty serious digestion and gut damage done prior.
    Same exact thing happened to me. Was eating about 6-8 eggs a day every day for a year or so and now I have a level 4 intolerance to eggs. Just goes to show too much of a good thing isn't. Better to mix it up or risk suffering the same fate. I sure do miss my eggs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast