Thread: That Moment You Decide Your Doing it: Jezzebelle's Journal page

Jezzebelle is offline Junior Member

That Moment You Decide Your Doing it: Jezzebelle's Journal

Primal Fuel
    I'm sure everyone has went through the same phases in life that I have when it comes to losing weight. First you hit the "I want to lose weight phase." Second you hit the "Okay, I really need to lose weight phase" then comes the "OMG! I can't fit into my pants, and I'm not going up another size dammit!" At that moment you decide "That's it I'm doing this!" Sound familiar?

I've struggled with my weight for quite some time, losing 10 lbs here and gaining 10 lbs there. It always seemed like a vicious cycle because I could never find anything that I could really stick to so bad choices always found there way back into my life. When I would be in relationships I always got the "You don't need to lose weight, your just fine the way you are." I guess like a lot of other people I got comfortable and stopped trying. Now I've decided that this is something that I'm doing for me because I'm the one that has to live with myself after all.

I started paleo on February 24th, and decided to start with doing the whole 30 as a way to mainly get my cravings under control.

Finished my first whole 30 on March 24th and had great results. Not only did I lose pounds but I lost inches which is keeping me motivated to keep on going.

Starting stats:

Bust 43 1/2
    Waist 43 1/2
    Hips 44 1/2
    Thighs 25 1/2
    Upper arm 14 1/4

Starting weight: 181

Ending stats:

Bust: 40
    Waist 32 1/2
    Hips 42
    Thighs 25
    Upper arms 12 1/4

End Weight: 162

In general I didn't find the whole 30 to be all that bad but the first week was kind of rough which I'm chalking up to detoxing/the low carb flu. I cut out sugar, caffeine, soda, and all other junk so I'm saying it makes sense why I was feeling crappy.

The biggest change that I've noticed is that I sleep so much better and have way more energy then I have had in a very long time. I can wake up at 8 and easily stay up until at least midnight most nights.

I decided to make a journal as a place to keep my thoughts and stay on track, hoping to make some new like minded friends as well.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Jezzebelle! Sounds like Primal is going well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jezzebelle, welcome. Congrats on making your decision and sticking to your whole 30 and the great results you have achieved so far. You have even found your waist again - 11", that's awesome. So is the better sleep and increased energy. Keep on doing what works. What have you been eating? Have you been exercising?

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Hey Jezzebelle, welcome. Congrats on making your decision and sticking to your whole 30 and the great results you have achieved so far. You have even found your waist again - 11", that's awesome. So is the better sleep and increased energy. Keep on doing what works. What have you been eating? Have you been exercising?
    I tend to do a lot of grass fed ground beef, occasionally chicken or sausage. For fats I use butter, coconut oil, or olive oil. A lot of veggies like zucchini, summer squash, spaghetti squash, carrots, kale, mushrooms, green/red peppers..etc.

As far as exercising goes I walk around 6 miles a day, and try to do squats, wall push ups, and planks once a week sometimes it happens and others it doesn't. Can't say I'm much of a fan of squats as my knees always seem to go over my toes.

Good morning everyone!

I don't know about anyone else but I am totally over this winter weather! I'm ready for it to get warm so doing things outside is actually enjoyable. I remember last February we had a few 80 degree days granted all the plants came up too early and then once it got cold they pretty much all died off... but sheesh it was nice. I actually had a tan in February.

This morning started off a little weird. 4:30 this morning I woke up wide awake and there was no way I was actually getting up at 4:30 am ended up falling back to sleep until about 7:50 which I can at least deal with.

Plans today: Cooking a Paleo spaghetti for dinner with grass fed ground beef, diced tomatoes, carrots, onions and zucchini. Tonight is my math class at college so it will be a three mile walk there and a 3 mile walk back home. Night classes surely are the devil. I started eating my dinners early so I don't get to school and end up eating all the horrible college food and it seems to be working.

Here's to a great day!

Good morning!

So yesterday was another successful day, really hoping to break into the 150's this week. Either way I know I'm on the right track and that this WILL work! Leftovers today of primal spaghetti! MMM.

I swear college cafeteria's are the devil, I never even crave anything until I get on campus, most likely because I don't keep any junk food in the house... So far I haven't given in to any cravings. Of course I have no clue what I'm even craving. I always have been a little bit of a bordom eater. So that's probably where that is stemming from.

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Easter everyone!!

This week went quite well, I'm currently still sticking to 100% with no sugar or dairy! Today I actually saw 159.2 on the scale! Here's to hoping I make it through Easter without gaining. I believe this is my all time low.... In like EVER!

Wish me luck!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Things are still going well. I'm in the process of tightening the reigns back up again. I got 30 lbs off and have slowly started to gain again. Grr.

Meal one: chicken breast, 2 cut up carrots, 1 steamed collared green leaf. The veggies were cooked in about a tablespoon of ghee.