Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Greger's YouTube Series page 2

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscavegirl View Post
    Go to You Tube and search "Ancestral Health" and "Weston A. Price", scroll down the Forums list here and see Mark's list.

Hilarious! He's really funny. So Vegan and Primal both have reputable studies suppoting their side. So what do they have in common:

1. They both say that Organic, clean Fruit, Greens, and roots are good - So they are.

2. Vegan says Grains are good - but they have no source of non-hybredized and non-GMO grains.
    Primal says Meat and Wild Fish are good - but good meat is very expensive so not many eat it.
    Conclusion: Since they're both iffy - Never eat them both in the same diet.

curiouscavegirl is offline Junior Member
    Great info, thanks everyone!

Fiveholts714 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    I just watched a couple minutes of it. There's a lot of other research out there such as "The Great Cholesterol Con" which I haven't read but see recommended around here.

The one thing at the beginning that caught my attention was something about how many people with normal cholesterol levels have heart attacks. He uses this as evidence that the "normal" level is too high. The other way to look at it is that cholesterol levels aren't linked to heart attacks quite as closely as previous research would indicate.

If you want to research this, do it because you want to become educated, but don't do it to "win" arguments. You'll typically do far better to deflect the arguments instead of fighting them. Something like, "I can't argue with that, but I don't want B12 shots or supplements to maintain health." or even, "I'm glad it works for you. Thank you for your concern." Don't engage with this, unless you are already educated enough to know how to stand your ground and don't mind angering these friends or becoming angry, because someone will soon be offended.
    Wise advice

Larry_nAustin is offline Junior Member
    There is a lot of overlap with whole foods and veggies. But I watched some Gerger, and it reminded me of Olaf in Frozen. 'He's crazy'.

My uncle has diabetes and dementia from too many carbs. So I am not going to lie, I find him offensive. His huge blind spot is carb intolerance. So many people have it. You go over it on his advice and your health is imperiled. Actually so many problems with him. He is a true fanatic.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_nAustin View Post
    My uncle has diabetes and dementia from too many carbs.
    How do you know too many carbs caused these maladies?

Of course I don't 'know'. But I can make my best educated guess based on observation, my readings, and research. His mom died of diabetes.

He had a very carb heavy diet. So did I. Since going Primal in less than a year I am down close to 100lbs now. Clearly our family genetics is insulin resistance.

Also he lived with us in 2013. His dementia is too bad now for us to handle. With our eating he went from 230 to 180 in that time.

Does Gerger 'know' his claims? Or does his vegan fanaticism lead his research rather than scientific method?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum, curiouscavegirl!

M.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_nAustin View Post
    Of course I don't 'know'. But I can make my best educated guess based on observation, my readings, and research. His mom died of diabetes.

He had a very carb heavy diet. So did I. Since going Primal in less than a year I am down close to 100lbs now. Clearly our family genetics is insulin resistance.

Also he lived with us in 2013. His dementia is too bad now for us to handle. With our eating he went from 230 to 180 in that time.

Does Gerger 'know' his claims? Or does his vegan fanaticism lead his research rather than scientific method?

Wouldn't you think genetics had more to do with your uncle's diabetes than his carb consumption.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    Wouldn't you think genetics had more to do with your uncle's diabetes than his carb consumption.
    Only if it was Type I. Otherwise we fall back to predispositions that never need manifest.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That is a very important question and gets to the heart of a lot. Genetics play a key role. BUT even though many of us have the potential to become diabetic the key to whether we do or not is diet. Gerger would likely agree with this. My LCHF will keep my potential at bay indefinitely.

I think I understand Gerger more now. Did you watch the first JJ Abrams Star Trek? Spock became too emotionally compromised to be captain? Gerger is a fanatic and it impacts his 'science' tremendously. His perceived individual morals become more important than fact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12