Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The next time someone says "We are the only animals to...." page 4

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    We are the only animals that drink another animal's milk because we are the only animals with the intelligence to do so. There are only two types of food in nature designed specifically for consumption: fruit and milk. Everything else either runs away from you/fights back and tries to kill you or contains anti-nutrients to keep you away. I say eat both in large quantities - nature wants you to. Every study I've ever seen shows the longer an animal is fed on their mother's milk, the healthier they are. I see no study that shows there is ever a MAXIMUM time to be milkfed. Animals are weened for the sake of the MOTHER, not the child - the mother can no longer meet with the child's caloric needs. For all we know, we'd thrive for a lifetime on mother's milk.

A human may not be able to support another human on breast milk into adulthood, but a cow sure can. Dairy and fruit are absolutely staples in my diet, and I do not see myself changing anytime soon. Just buy good quality dairy. It makes a difference, and it's one of the few things readily available in grocery stores for not too crazy of a markup (unlike organic/pastured meats).
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 04-02-2013 at 06:45 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I used to buy it in chunks in a Cambodian store, slice it up and put it into stir-fry.
    Now we're talking!

I asked about it, but the locals tell me no drinking of blood in Seoul...gotta to hit China for that sort of thing.

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Does blood pudding count?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    We are the only animals that drink another animal's milk because we are the only animals with the intelligence to do so.
    Why does people keep on repeating untrue statements about animals? Even ants have their own "milkcows":

Lucid Space is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycakes View Post
    It's such a weird argument. We're the only animal that does a lot of things.
    That's the truth. And, what's so great about being human after all? :P
    We are like cattle, blocked in by industrial confines. Walking down aisle seven, I grab my wheat flakes like a foddered bovine. ~lucid space

Thanks for responses!
    Last edited by Lucid Space; 04-06-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    We are like cattle, blocked in by industrial confines. Walking down aisle seven, I grab my wheat flakes like a foddered bovine. ~lucid space

@JoanieL: I know what you mean. It seems as though the core of all problems, really can be aligned with the fact that we (humanity) have many troubles balancing our animal and our human. Yes, we are more cognizant (as far as we know), but we can't abandon our connection to the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    Well considering countries like Asia which consume the least milk having the lowest osteoporosis cases while the USA drinks the most and has a ton of cases ehhhhhhhh
    That is most interesting. I fit all the criteria for getting the disease, and my family always says "Drink milk, eat lots of yogurt and take calcium!". I've heard that taking too much calcium can be bad for your heart! Ahhh! How to know the "right" thing?

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    Well considering countries like Asia which consume the least milk having the lowest osteoporosis cases while the USA drinks the most and has a ton of cases ehhhhhhhh
    Yeah, that's interesting, never thought about that. But I can confirm there is very little milk drinking here in Seoul, and almost zero cheese eating. Milk is never served in any restaurant nor in any dish that I am aware of, and Koreans hate cheese. You can buy milk in the grocery store, but not so much cheese.

Yet according to this data Koreans have 1/4 the hip fracture rate of caucasians. But like all these modern diseases it is on the rise in Asia now too! Which always brings about the question, what is causing all this disease worldwide? It's not lack of milk, wheat, corn, sugar, that's for sure.

Osteoporosis in Asian populations —

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234