Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The next time someone says "We are the only animals to...." page 3

Calidris is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I know. But to a biologist plants are chemical factories. Amazingly efficient at it too. And I like your use of inverted commas around food. Couldn't agree more!!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post

Of course, when I think about it, I've seen dogs and cats CHOOSE to eat the crap chemical food over the better for them food, too.
    saw video of a boston terrier devouring an easter peep. dogs will eat about anything. except lettuce.

and why soy processing by-product is called "milk" is beyond me. that is some of the nastiest stuff on the planet.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Isn't is curious how we keep fun-sized versions of the predators that used to hunt us down and kill us? Do other animals do that? I doubt it.
    The other day I learned that hummingbirds build nest in trees where Coopers hawks have nests. Coopers hawks eat birds, but they don't eat hummingbirds because hummingbirds are too small and too fast. So the hummingbirds use the Coopers hawks as protection. Not exactly the same as keeping a pet, but the more I learn about animals the more I see that everything we think makes humans so unique has analogous behaviors out in the animal world.

I'm also quite certain that my parrots are as self-aware as any human. And I'm not the top bird on the pecking order in my own house .
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Unless I am fail-braining, octopus are also self aware. That is, for example, when some animals look in the mirror they don't know it's them, but an octopus does.

M.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebooted Body View Post

Consequently, it turns out that Veganism is potentially more harmful to animals than Paleo is.
    Do you have any articles supporting this? I'm not saying I think you're wrong, I'd just like to learn more.

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    saw video of a boston terrier devouring an easter peep. dogs will eat about anything. except lettuce.

and why soy processing by-product is called "milk" is beyond me. that is some of the nastiest stuff on the planet.
    True.

I've never met a dog who didn't love doughnuts. I don't know why doughnuts specifically, but they all do. My parents rat terrier likes lettuce. She's actually a fairly big veggie eater for a dog, though she definitely won't pass up a peice of steak or, you guessed it, a doughnut.

My cat likes Twizzlers. Cats don't even taste sweet from what I've read, but she likes lick and chew them. There's lots of YouTube videos of cats doing the same.

Maybe that's more proof wheat and sugar are addictive.

Geeknik is offline Member
    Baboons have been observed keeping dogs as pets.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Have you guys ever tried drinking blood? Just currious...

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Have you guys ever tried drinking blood? Just currious...
    I used to buy it in chunks in a Cambodian store, slice it up and put it into stir-fry.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeknik View Post
    Baboons have been observed keeping dogs as pets.
    That may be one of the freakiest, but enlightening things I've ever seen.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a fat hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast