Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: The next time someone says "We are the only animals to...." page 2

  1. #11
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool View Post
    Well considering countries like Asia which consume the least milk having the lowest osteoporosis cases while the USA drinks the most and has a ton of cases ehhhhhhhh
    vitamin k2 from natto
    nihil

  2. #12
    DinoHunter's Avatar
    DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Space View Post
    .....drink another animal's milk", in defense of a vegan type of lifestyle, I will say: "
    ....Were the only species that dresses up in rubber, films ourselves having kinky sex & then post it on the internet... whats your point?...
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

    http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

  3. #13
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    We are also the only species that chooses to consume foods created in chemical plants.

  4. #14
    vtphoenix's Avatar
    vtphoenix is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Charlottesvile, Virginia
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    We are also the only species that chooses to consume foods created in chemical plants.
    I guess 'chooses' may be the term here, but I'm thinking about dogs and cats with the food people tend to feed them; raccoons and other animals that eat from our trash; goats that seem to eat anything; animals in captivity seem to be fed a lot of the same processed foods.

    Of course, when I think about it, I've seen dogs and cats CHOOSE to eat the crap chemical food over the better for them food, too.

  5. #15
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by vtphoenix View Post
    I guess 'chooses' may be the term here, but I'm thinking about dogs and cats with the food people tend to feed them; raccoons and other animals that eat from our trash; goats that seem to eat anything; animals in captivity seem to be fed a lot of the same processed foods.

    Of course, when I think about it, I've seen dogs and cats CHOOSE to eat the crap chemical food over the better for them food, too.
    All predators are scavengers. It's how they conserve energy, stealing kills from other predators. Isn't is curious how we keep fun-sized versions of the predators that used to hunt us down and kill us? Do other animals do that? I doubt it.

    But then humans are the only species that builds chemical factories to produce fake food for profit to a few and malnutrition for the many.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 03-27-2013 at 06:48 AM.

  6. #16
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    My cat drink cow milk also, so it follows that he must be a human then, just as I thought...
    Lol
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  7. #17
    Calidris's Avatar
    Calidris is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    We are also the only species that chooses to consume foods created in chemical plants.
    Do you mean chemical plants as in Big Pharma type things or do you mean chemical plants as in vegetation? Both would be correct.

  8. #18
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidris View Post
    Do you mean chemical plants as in Big Pharma type things or do you mean chemical plants as in vegetation? Both would be correct.
    I was referring to the "chemical plants" that produce "foods" that are unavailable without factory processing, and thus were never previously part of the human diet. Like hydrogenated seed oils.

  9. #19
    honeypig's Avatar
    honeypig is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee area
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    My cat drink cow milk also, so it follows that he must be a human then, just as I thought...
    Your cat is human just as YOU thought or just as your CAT thought?

    Only asking b/c I believe many cats think they are human.

    Wait, scratch that--cats believe they are SUPERIOR to humans...

    Never mind, then.

  10. #20
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
    Your cat is human just as YOU thought or just as your CAT thought?

    Only asking b/c I believe many cats think they are human.

    Wait, scratch that--cats believe they are SUPERIOR to humans...

    Never mind, then.
    You surely have heard the old joke...

    The dog says, "My human feeds me every day, he must be God."

    The cat says, "My human feeds me every day, I must be God."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •