Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Pathologist's Path page 2

jmsmall is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Up at 6. Fast day, no BK or lunch, just a couple of cups of coffee with real cream and a couple of cups of Knorr chicken broth. Ran with the FF shoes for about 22 minutes, 20-30 sec run with 1 min walk. Feels a lot better the second time.

Dinner: salmon with cilantro/jalapeno/yogurt/sour cream sauce, sauteed spinach, tomato slices. Red wine, one glass. Choc squares, 85%.

Last saturday did squats with rack at South Suburban, did 2x25's plus bar, presumably 45, so 95. 7 reps. Not half bad.
    10/2/12: 169 lbs, 37"waist
    Now: low 150's, 33" waist
    Blog: http://paleopathologist.com/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and cool on the PhD. I'm such a sucker for a man with letters after his name. But alas you are married. *chuckle* (No friends' lovers, no lovers' friends, no married men.)

I'll be reading your journal. I don't have any suggestions for your wife since while I do like playing in my kitchen, I was never an avid baker (too many ways to fail). But if I come across anything I think might help or encourage her, I will certainly post.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Joanie and I could be a wee tag team with the boyz ??????? Actually there is another that would possibly join us ????
    Welcome JM and well done on your journey so far. I have just developed a biscotti recipe, because I miss crunchy things !!!!! I can send you a PM if you think your wife would like the recipe.
    Good Luck
    Gwamma
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Last night first HIT weight workout at local SuperSlow place. Interesting experience! Next one is tomorrow night to complete the "skill training" portion with four additional exercises. I'm pretty psyched.

does WOW mean Work Out of the Week or Work Out Weights? I know it's not what the women cry out when they see me...YET.

2 strips bacon, then stir fried chopped sweet peppers and beautiful dark green kale, then dumped eggs and cream over the whole mess with a tsp of salt. Fresh ground Illy coffee with cream. Not a bad way to start the day.

Trying an edit now for first time (harmless way to try.) Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2, not as good as cream.
    Last edited by jmsmall; 04-16-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Second HIT workout tonight. I feel like a rubber band. Leg extensions, hamstring isometrics, leg press; back machine, lat pulldown, chest press, weird ab machine, some to failure, some not there yet. Quite a workout. Chest press probably the best tuned right now. Sore tomorrow? could be.

Feel like I ought to take some before and after pictures! Amazing.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsmall View Post

Feel like I ought to take some before and after pictures! Amazing.
    that would be a GRAND idea !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Just popping in to say hi I went primal in 2010 and lost 40 lbs, but in the last 18 months as I was finishing my PhD (genomic statistics - genomics of liver cancer) I didn't exercise at all and wasn't great with the diet either. Now that I'm done and caught up on sleep, I'm getting my life-style back in order. Good to see more geeks around

I geeked on a fungus called Cryptococcus neoformans that causes meningitis. Interesting times, graduate school.

That first real HIT workout sort of wasted me yesterday and the glass of wine with dinner didn't help either. 8.5 hrs of sleep has made a big difference. I'm psyched to see if half an hour a week of exercise works as well as the studies seem to show. Good experiment.

Second HIT workout a couple of days ago.
    1. Leg extension on Nautilus, pretty much to failure; uncomfortable.
    2. Hamstring 90 degree isometric/static contraction 90 seconds
    3. MedX lower back machine
    4. Leg press
    5. Nautilus lat machine
    6. Nautilus chest press
    7. Nautilus ab machine (weird clamshell thing)
    8. Nautilus row (first time, did 90 degree static hold for 2 min)

Dragged my rear home and ate...protein.
    Yesterday felt pretty good but crashed at about 3, did an 18 min power nap to finish day. Went home and the wife commented that I need to be careful of being too tired! Wonder what is normal recovery--does it get easier?

Today is a lot better, 4 PM and I'm not dragging.

Next HIT: similar to above.
    Noted looking at the chart that all my weights are going up steadily and I'm still around 3-4 minutes. Amazing. They are continuing to dial up the weights.
    Liver and Onions for dinner after the workout. Broccoli and spinach too. Macademia nuts for dessert, my new fave dessert.

Last weekend in Seattle with Grandson, daughter, son in law. Delightful!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast