Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why? Psychologically page 3

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Ground chicken thighs sound AMAZING.

I'm here (on the site) because I'm looking for a cure for my anxiety and depression, foremost. I'm also here because I need people to talk to. I have a lot in my head and nowhere for it to go. I get really bored at work sometimes and this is my only outlet during the day.
    So, why are you anxious and depressed.? (No medical or bio-chemical answers.)

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    I'm here because I'm looking to become healthy having had a heart attack four years ago. Physicians don't understand that desire
    Why did you have a heart attack? What problems that the heart attack solve?

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    I got fat because I had a crappy diet of cheap food because I grew up in poverty. Also, I am a toe-walker, which disables me from running and jumping. I broke my arm when I was in 3rd grade (or there abouts) and it took a lot of wind out of wanting to BE physical. I broke it when I slipped off the monkey bars because I had finally figured out how to do them for the first time and then I did it a bunch and fell. That also bored a lesson into not exerting effort into things because of a fear of not being good enough anyways. This persisted until 2012.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashi View Post
    I have many demons that I have overcome over the years and a few I am still struggling with.

. . . . . .my anxiety and some physical pain that prevents me from being active. . . . . because I was unhappy . . .found something to look forward to, something to value, to strive for every day. (other than supporting my family) . . . . and not let them begin lazy habits of staying home and DOING nothing.

. . . . realize my dreams of being a healthy family. because changing only myself is not enough.
    Lots of problems. You're carrying the world on your shoulders and are anxious and angry about it. This is good insight, but more depth needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    I am here for cultural indoctrination. If I'm around you guys enough, I will become more like you.

What a silly and, really, selfish reason. We are chemical processes and nothing more.

M.
    LOLLL! Being like us might not be a healthy goal. Even culturally.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    How old are you?
    Click my name, and then 'About me"

Quote Originally Posted by MEversbergII View Post
    I got fat because I had a crappy diet of cheap food because I grew up in poverty. Also, I am a toe-walker, which disables me from running and jumping. I broke my arm when I was in 3rd grade (or there abouts) and it took a lot of wind out of wanting to BE physical. I broke it when I slipped off the monkey bars because I had finally figured out how to do them for the first time and then I did it a bunch and fell. That also bored a lesson into not exerting effort into things because of a fear of not being good enough anyways. This persisted until 2012.

M.
    Doesn't sound like you have any problems, of this type. BTW, what is a toe-walker?

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    Click my name, and then 'About me"
    What'd you think about the rest of my post?

MEversbergII is offline Senior Member
    Crypto: My Achilles tendons are too short, which brings my heels permanently off the ground and prevents be from being able to bring my toes upwards towards my shin. Subsequently, that muscle that runs along the shin is weak because I can't really use it. It makes it more difficult to keep balance when still and makes climbing stairs, doing squats and "lifting with my legs" something else. There is no solution, because I am too old for a doctor to want to approve operation on me. I've even tried stretching the tendon with a strap tied around the ball of the foot and hauling back with all I've got. It's like iron, I swear.

M.

EDIT: I do have psychological issues - motivation related, anyways.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    So, why are you anxious and depressed.? (No medical or bio-chemical answers.)
    Hm... I didn't know how to answer that. I have always attributed it to a chemical issue. I've been going to therapy regularly for almost a year now, though, so maybe I will have a better answer soon .

One answer could be that my family is incredibly passive aggressive.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast